Memory issue

Enden

• 2 weeks later...

What size page file are you using? (Assuming W10 uses a pagefile - I've treated it liek the plague and stayed well away!)

Edit:

Definite memory leak issue. Watching processes in Windows Task manager, I can see uTorrent memory utilisation continually increasing at the rate of about 4k per second.
My system details from my post re: uTorrent stops...

• W7 Pro SP1 64 bit
  • uTorrent 3.4.9 Beta (build 42598) 32 bit
  • Actrix (www.actrix.co.nz)
  • BitDefender

Further edit:

Screen shots supporting the case for continually incrementing memory usage. No activities other than screen shotting took place during this time; time period is 6.10 through 6.26; the only live application was uTorrent; uTorrent was 'empty' - no downloads or uploads were present or in progress. Despite this, memory utilisation continued to climb as shown. The final shot shows utilisation after a uTorrent shutdown and start (6.27).

Following the uTorrent restart, it's memory utilisation is around 14700kb. This immediately starts to climb at the rate of around 4kb/s.

6.10.JPG

6.15.JPG

6.20.JPG

6.26.JPG

6.27-uT restart.JPG

I've updated to Build 42604 - memory utilisation issue unchanged.

Edit:

I've completed uninstalled uTorrent, including all settings.
Clean reinstall of build 42604. I've not added any torrents, upload or download, but with the application theoretically idle, memory utilisation is still increasing at a rate of 4k+ per second.

Looks like there's a leak in there somewhere.

4 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

The "leak" is in the windows disk cache subsystem.

So... Is it an implementation issue, an underlying Windows issue exposed by the uTorrent application, write-cache configuration, or something else?

Is there anything you can recommend I/we can do to prevent it?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived