Ads are fine.. but the generator has a bug

joshace

I realize that the free version has to be funded by advertising, but there is a bug with the ad generator.  The process WebHelper and it's associated program utorrentie.exe  are causing my utorrent application to be "unresponsive" until I manually kill the WebHelper process (that is quickly re-started).  My guess is that the utorrentie program is tying up too many resources.  

I don't mind the ads.. it's just the program that generates the ads is causing the main program to stop working.  

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the beta 3.4.9

The laptop I use for torrents only has 2 gigs of RAM... and utorrentie.exe / Webhelper take up too much ram... 

The first solution I found was to nuke that process periodically, but the problem with that is it causes utorrentie.exe to be resurrected over and over and over again.. which is also a problem.

Finally, I found the perfect solution!   PAY for Utorrent without ads!  It's only $4.95 a year.  That is worth it!  I didn't realize that it was so inexpensive. 

I despise paying for software, usually because the software is not worth the cost.. but in the case of Utorrent, the 3.4x version ARE worth $4.95 a year to be rid of those damn ads.  

Archived