Default port changed after upgraded

Cyberdine

Just upgraded from 1.5 to the latest version and noticed I wasn't receiving very many incoming connections. After checking my settings I noticed the default port 32459 changed to 23475. I updated my port forwarding to reflect the new port number which solved the problem with lack of incoming connections but was wondering if 23475 is the new default port number being using by uTorrent.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i am not new to torrents or routers or computers in general. i have never had a problem with my port not being open before but since upgraded to winvista and moved my computer to new location dlink dsl 604+ unplugged and plugged back in release renew. now installed fresh copy of utorrent had a yellow triangle until i restarted the router now have red circle of love.

what is the purpose of port forwarding if i am still uploading and downloading and why do i have to do it now when i've never had to before. and if you say win vista i will put it back to xp and im pretty sure i'll get this problem again. i had a fix for it before that didn't require port forwarding but i don't remember it and i never touch my router except for the above process. also firewall enabled or disabled don't make a difference.

i appreciate your reading this and response

san

can some1 please help me get my u torrent up and running again it won,t go at all any more, All the wee arrows are comin up red and its giving me the message in the general section (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it) Been through the faq but cant find the answer if any1 can help it would be much appreciated. Not 100% sure but i think it may have happened when i tried 2 get the new version

Archived