uTorrent stops for no apparent reason

gjm

Not sure if this should be here or in Troubleshooting. Please move if required.

• W7 Pro SP1 64 bit
  • uTorrent 3.4.9 Beta (build 42598) 32 bit
  • Actrix (www.actrix.co.nz)
  • BitDefender

Coming back to my PC having left uTorrent running, I find it has gone to 'sleep'. Restarting shows that uTorrent is no longer running, or (occasionally) the icon appears in the system tray but as soon as I move the mouse over it, it disappears. Checking services and processes shows that uTorrent is not running - it doesn't appear in the lists.

This has happened several times but I have been unable to see how long it is between leaving the system and it going to sleep.

PC is configured to not go to sleep while any applications are running. After resuming from sleep and restarting uTorrent, any files in download progress recheck (successfully) and the download continues. No files have completed, so it doesn't appear to be a 'on completion' action.

Bug in Beta? Or something else?

This morning, my PC had run out of memory. 8Gb RAM. There was an alert message displayed but it didn't give any usable detail. A second box said uTorrent had crashed.

I recall having seen something, somewhere on these forums about a memory leak. I'll have another look.

Archived