sheez

A large file that has been running for a long time now has turned red in the download bar and says 'Error Access is denied Write to disk'. I've tried numerous things like reinstating permissions for the folder etc but to no avail. I can't find the .exe file in windows' C drive to add it to AVG's exceptions... Anyone know what's happening. Most other files are working ok...

• 3 months later...

I have this same problem. I have been using the same setup for years but this issue showed up after reinstalling Windows 10. The installation is a standard installation with the operating system on the C drive and a dedicated Hard drive (D drive) which i use for downloads. My directory setup is attached.

I have done a lot of googling on this issue and tried all the fixes that i have found. The things i have tried include

• Ensuring the filepath and name are less than 256 characteristics
  • Ensuring the torrent file does not end with a "."
  • Setting the download location from the 'advanced ' menu

It appears that when i start a torrent it will begin to download and then after a few seconds it stops and the following message is displayed Error:Access is Denied. (WriteToDisk). The one thing that does fix the problem is if i change the download location to another hard drive in the computer. So i am assuming the problem has got something to do with access rights to that particular disk but i cannot find anywhere to change the rights except by choosing 'security' from the properties menu which has ticks in all the 'Allow' boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.

directories.png

Archived