Former volume not mounted (after reconnection)

Valh4ll4

Hello,

this post may be taken as well as a problem report, but based on what I've searched so far I believe that this is not implemented (hopefully yet). When uTorrent starts and a volume is not mounted, respectful torrents are (I believe) literally flagged as "not mounted" and this information is logged as well. The problem is that when uTorrent starts again with the volume being mounted at that time, it stills reports those records as "not mounted".

Now... I know that you have implemented some fancy things in 2.x.x releases that when you start the "not mounted" torrent, it does not go all bananas and recheck everything, that is cool. HOWEVER... given that an user has lot's of torrents stored lot's of external/detachable drives that he uses and lot of torrents there comes a problem that he needs to go through a lot of "mess" to find those who needs to be "started" (deflagged). Let's say that you wanted to have some flagged as "not mounted" since you do not have all the drives connected at all times, so you want to have really only the up-to-date information displayed.

I believe that implementation of a feature that would deal with this would be rather not complicated. uTorrent could on start (or even at user specified interval in config) recheck all torrents flagged as "volume not mounted" whether they are in place as before the disconnection. Or even some manual force of this would be handy.

Please let me know your opinion on this, or whether you have some user friendly workaround (manually starting / checking for tens or hundreds of torrents which even may not be started right away or applying this to "all" is not user friendly).

Thanks

Archived