Possible uTorrent RSS feed blind spot?

nexxai

This is going to sound weird, but I don't really know how else to explain it.  I have been having issues with my RSS downloader not grabbing each show automatically.  When I dug a little deeper into it, I noticed that it was only happening in very specific, recreateable circumstances.

If an RSS-item has the text "WEBRip" in the title, it appears that it somehow becomes invisible to uTorrent's matching engine.

For example, as seen in this album (http://imgur.com/a/7ixjK), I have loaded up an RSS feed that has an episode (in two resolutions) of the show The Blacklist, each of which contain the text "WEBRip".  When searching for text that should otherwise match those episodes, it simply doesn't see them.

The underlying filenames for those two releases are:

The.Blacklist.S04E08.Dr.Adrian.Shaw.No.98.Conclusion.AMZN.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-DRACULA.mkv
The.Blacklist.S04E08.Dr.Adrian.Shaw.No.98.Conclusion.AMZN.1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-DRACULA.mkv

In this example, I've also tried using the following filters with no success:

• The*Blacklist*WEBRip*
  • The*Blacklist*EBRi* (in case it was a weird instance where submatching a string would work but not the full thing)
  • The*Blacklist*
  • The*Blacklist*AMZN*

In no case did it find those 2 episodes.

I also tried 2 different site's RSS feeds (with other shows) in case there was some kind of text encoding or language issue, but the issue persisted.

The problem occurs at least on both v3.4.8 and v3.4.9 Beta (build 42881).

I'm at a loss as to what could be happening here, but hopefully it's an easy fix?  Let me know if there's any other information I haven't provided.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Tested the latest beta build (42951) and it actually *did* work on a different show I was testing with.  I couldn't find a feed that had my original example of The Blacklist so I'm not confirming that it is 100% fixed yet, but it looks good.  I'll bump this thread again when I have confirmation.

Archived