bug if first file is in directory

geter123

Windows 7 x64 SP 1 (maybe 8 to); uTorrent 3.4.9 build 42606

Bug if first file (0 piece file) in torrent have in path directory.

1. Downland this file  https://www.dropbox.com/s/i68j9d0jdcz4b4e/rootDirectory.rar?dl=1

2. Unpack to your torrent directory

3. run in uTorrent rootdirectory.torrent

4 Torrent will automatic check and you see 100%.  (pic1)

5. From uTorrent menu get 'Open containing folder' (pic2)

6. For refresh this torrent file list click on Peers, next click on Files

7. I see that AAAAAAA1\AAAAA2\F1.dump change to  AAAAAAA1  ! (pic3)

This is not only visual change. If I get 'force re-check' it don't find this file and check torrent on 99%. (pic4)

This bug can randomly generate invalid file handle error while downloading or force re-check. See this topic:

Please test this bug on windows 8 an 10.

pic1:

t6d8ibt5xgtvmmg2gpqb.jpg

pic2:

hn62py8nz3pt9oqh0hde.jpg

pic3:

berryn2naqgavo4r4kwe.jpg

pic4:

ax10u6vxigd5174zt3s5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Excellent bug report!

Yes, I see this behaviour too. Not sure of the exact circumstances, but every once in a while I get a torrent showing red with "Access is denied", and upon checking the list of files I see that the first file has lost the actual filename, and is inaccessible. This persists after a "check", but *usually* re-sets to correct display and behaviour if I shutdown and restart uTorrent (which of course takes time, and temporarily disrupts all the other torrents).

uTorrent_pathname_bug.png

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed, this bug is very annoying, and for me it has been happening since 4 or 5 minor versions back (was never an issue before).

It is very easily reproducible - download any torrent in which the 0 file is in a sub-directory. Use the "open containing folder" command and the internal "index" breaks. If the torrent is seeding, in a couple of minutes it will show "Error: Access denied".

If you restart uTorrent, the internal file index is fixed (the original torrent file is not modified, I guess it's just what's stored in RAM), however to fix the "Access Denied" error message, you still have to run a "Force Re-check".

NOTE: This will only happen if the torrent is still seeding. This bug doesn't happen with finished torrents.

EDIT: Let us know in this thread if you require some additional diags. I will be happy to provide logs, etc, or run in debug mode (if even possible) if that would help. My OS is Win 8.1, if that's relevant.

• 2 months later...

Archived