Video advertisements on the free version of uTorrent

gnu4us

uTorrent developers need to stop video advertisement in uTorrent. I left my computer on recently with uTorrent running when some video advert came up, at loud volume, very early in the morning. I know it is a free version and therefore adverts are necessary to help fund uTorrent. I think video adverts that early in the morning are a nuisance. If it happens again I am moving to another torrent program.

I just had an advert pop up stating my computer was infected and to call a number to get rid of them. If i did not call then my computer would be frozen to stop infecting their systems.

Obviously a scam advert, disgusted to see it in utorrent.

If your going to start using these scams then its time i uninstalled and moved to a new client.

Advert was displayed approx 16:45-50pm UK

I'm also having an issue with video ads that auto-play with sound in the free version of uTorrent. I'm in Thailand, and the offenders are all Thai-language ads. It's incredibly frustrating, because there's the link to report the ad, but that doesn't stop it from playing, and I get the same offending ad repeating over and over, even after I've reported it. The only options I have are to close the program or mute the volume on my computer. I've been a uTorrent user for many years (uTorrent for Windows, uTorrent for Android, and uTorrent Remote for Android), and don't want to switch to a different torrent client, but I've started looking for good alternatives due to this issue.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:26 PM, mike20021969 said:

Thank you. I'm running v.3.4.9, and many of those options were not present. I edited the ones that were there, but the ads still appear, and still play sound. Is there an updated version of this? I followed the instructions at both the New and Old links in your signature.

Note to DreadWingKnight or other Admin: The prime offender for me is the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Thai language ad, which comes up over and over again, often just playing in an endless loop, even after I report it or skip it. I've been reporting this same ad for many weeks, and nothing's been done. Could you change things so that an ad no longer appears for a user who has reported it, at least until you get around to reviewing said ad?

Archived