My torrents are really slow for some odd reason

jake_shields

Hello everyone

For some reason my torrents are slow, always have been. I thought it was normal b4 I talked to a friend of mine who told me its not! My download speed is usually like 1/kb per second. Sometimes it climbs to 250 kb per second only to last for 2 minutes and then drop back to 1/kb per sec. My downlown rate is set to the max(121mb/per sec and my upload rate is set to the lowest(4 kb/per sec). I have a high speed DSL internet connection. And on my currest file I got 80 peers but just 1 seed. Please help!

If there's only 1 seed on a torrent, it's possible that it is very slow. Peers would get 1 complete chunk from the single seed and very quickly share it between all of them -- so there may be bursts of speed in the 100's KB/sec, then 0 KB/sec as the single chunk is done being shared.

Have you run the Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and run a speed test in it on both download AND upload?

then read the setup guide in the guides section of the homepage first

(maybe also the beginners guide for newbies to BT)

and after that reading press CTRL and G in µT, read carefully(!) choose the appropriate value in the dropdown menu and you are then done with the setup and ready to max out your downloadline on torrents that can provide you with such speeds.

For example torrents for www.legaltorrents.com will do that because they have a ISP backbone seeding box or 22C3 torrents from bittorrent.ccc.de

Archived