send or receive large video file

dormboy53

hi,

I,m new to utorrent so just asking for any help here - my friend has a video of her sons wedding (I couldn't make through illness) he,s tried sending via email but file is too large - is it possible for me to receive it through utorrent ............. any help would be gratefully received

5 hours ago, dormboy53 said:

is it possible for me to receive it through utorrent ............. any help would be gratefully received

Yes. Let's assume she has uTorrent also installed and running.

She can choose "Create New Torrent" option icon. Then click "Add file". Once the file is located, click on it to highlight it>Open. Then click "Create". The file will now be "Seeding".

She can can right-click on the torrent within uTorrent's window>Copy Magnet URI.

Then she can email you link by pasting it into email. You can use the uTorrent option "Add Torrent from URL" option icon, and copy & paste in the Magnet link you were sent into the window then click OK.

Her computer will need to be on with uTorrent running, of course,  for you to receive the file.

The file should start to download almost immediately.

The Magnet link will be unique and no-one else will have access to the file (unless the Magnet link is shared again).

Archived