Double Clicking Torrent in RSS Feed Hangs uTorrent

wwwKris

Whenever I double click a torrent in an RSS feed, uTorrent hangs. I've included a screenshot showing what I mean. Is there anything I can do to try to determine why?

It's uTorrent 3.4.9 on Windows 7 x64 if that makes an difference. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling uTorrent and that didn't help.

utorrent_screenshot.jpg

2 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

Did the feed recently change to no longer direct linking of torrents?

Thanks for the reply DreadWingKnight. I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean by "direct linking of torrents" but I pretty sure nothing has changed with the feeds. I have about 30 of them and they're all exhibiting the same behaviour. I can also double click fine when I use uTorrent Remote (remote.utorrent.com) - the hanging only occurs when I double click one of the torrents within the uTorrent UI.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, IRainman said:

Same Problem! Version 3.4.7.42330. :(When you have finally repaired the RSS is? :(  I really want to use the new version but I need RSS.

I'm using 3.4.9 and the problem still exists there as well. The only workaround that I've found is to use uTorrent Remote to access RSS feeds. @IRainman: You may want to try uTorrent Remote as a workaround until the problem is fixed - not the best solution but it should at least allows you to download stuff from your RSS feeds.

@wwwKris Thank you, I use the web-ui as a crutch. Just this problem it gives me great inconvenience. The problem is, even in the version 3.4.2.35702. When exactly was broken and I have no idea. :(

Why can not the developers for many years to finish this one is the only place in the field of RSS and more not to touch it, I do not understand.

16 minutes ago, IRainman said:

I use the web-ui as a crutch.

@IRainman I agree - it is a pain that double clicking within uTorrent isn't working. Hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

If by "web-ui," you mean the settings that can be enabled under Advanced-->Web UI, you may want to try uTorrent Remote as well (under "Remote" in the settings). I was using the web-ui for a while but found uTorrent Remote to be easier as it didn't require me to know my IP address and/or maintain a dynamic DNS service. Whenever I want to access the remote, I just go to remote.utorrent.com. There's also an Android app for uTorrent Remote as well which comes in hand.

@wwwKris Thank you, I only need access from localhost. Therefore, configure Utorrent Remote through a third-party server is impractical. I have remote access to the server using RDP over VPN. Therefore, leave unnecessary and potentially vulnerable mechanisms in certain applications impractical.

Archived