Adding torrents.

WeDL2gether

I am having trouble adding new torrents to my client, I had 119 (was 120, deleted one in case there was some sort of limit) torrents active, I have tried three different torrents from different trackers, I have restarted my system, all is up to date, pls, any help is appreciated. TIA guys/gals. P.s, love the interface the forum has, hehe.

What do you suggest I do? I don't really want to uninstall it, I have over 100 torrents i'd need to add back manually.

-No, please by all means, disable adding comments even though my problem persists.- So others can reply, but I can not?

@vze2mp9g sorry I can't make a new comment, I am seeding, not downloading 100. I need to seed them as I have hours remaining in my tracking status. I don't want to get H'n'R's. Because I manually save each torrent in their own directories, I don't want the hassle of needing to add re-check many large torrents (a lot of them are in the 100GB+ range)

2 hours ago, WeDL2gether said:

What do you suggest I do? I don't really want to uninstall it, I have over 100 torrents i'd need to add back manually.

No, please by all means, disable adding comments even though my problem persists.

You have over 100 active torrents? Are you downloading all 100 or seeding?

If you keep your .torrent files, you can just add them back. Personally, have over 100 active torrents is a little to much, unless you are seeding.

On 1/2/2017 at 6:59 PM, WeDL2gether said:

-No, please by all means, disable adding comments even though my problem persists.- So others can reply, but I can not?

@vze2mp9g sorry I can't make a new comment, I am seeding, not downloading 100. I need to seed them as I have hours remaining in my tracking status. I don't want to get H'n'R's. Because I manually save each torrent in their own directories, I don't want the hassle of needing to add re-check many large torrents (a lot of them are in the 100GB+ range)

That's alright. How long have been using uTorrent? Once you start reading the help (F1) file and the comments in these forums, you'll be able to "tweak" uTorrent to work better. As far as seeding over 100 torrents, are those torrents already finishing downloading and you are just seeding? If so, has you are downloading, your are also seeding. If you set your ratio is set to 2. Then your torrents will stop seeding once the ratio is reached.

Under Preferences, Queuing and look for Seeding Goals. That is were you can either set a ratio and/or seeding minuets. Remember, others are also seeding so you really shouldn't be seeding all 100 at one time.

I really cannot believe that you are downloading torrents over 100GB because most sites, that torrent would become inactive really quick because not everyone has high speed internet access. I wouldn't attempt to download more than two or three torrents that are over 100GB at one time because you would have to leave your computer on for several days to possibly a week or two. That would really depend on the internet connection of the original uploader and the other seeders.

One last note, when downloading any torrent, no matter are large or small, if you go to the lower window of uTorrent, under peers, if you notice that if no one has 100% of all the torrent you are trying to download, you might as well give up and delete the torrent because you will never get the whole torrent.

I hope this helps with your torrenting! B)

Archived