UTorrent 2.0.2 Downloading not working

Mikey5791

Dear all,

My Windows 7 was installed with UTorrent 2.0.2 many years back and was downloading torrent files with no issue. The bottom part will show a green icon while downloading. But last week due to a change of new modem router to GreenPacket Model No.DX-825, the UTorrent status is displaying "Downloading" with seeds of such as 0(4128) and peers of 0(607).  The seeds and peers should not have shown the zero; which indicate something is not right.  The bottom part shows a yellow triangle indicating No incoming connections while the logger says DNS resolution failed for tracker.........

I tried the built in UTorrent Setup Guide, run tests with results of good bandwidth (green tick) but not good network (yellow tick). It says port is not open although I had ticked automatic port mapping. Need help to solve this issue since earlier setup of UTorrent was simple and straightforward. Many thanks in advance.:)

Thanks for reply. That means i will not be able to use UTorrent for any downloading.:wacko: Just now the UTorrent logger says "Error opening Windows Firewall:0x800700005 Access is Denied".  But in Windows Firewall setting I had allow UTorrent add as exception while I had ticked Add Windows Firewall Exception in UTorrent settings.

The logger also says "DNS resolution failed for tracker udp://tracker.istole........

What is your suggestion then? Any tip is appreciated.

Sounds like you got other problems besides utorrent to resolve before you can get to utorrent. Windows firewall shouldn't need to be reconfigured and your error indicates you got deeper issues going one with Windows itself and is contributing to utorrent problems.

Uninstalled the old version and installed the latest version 3.4.9 and then I go to UTorrent

preferences; under Proxy server I now use Socks4 instead of Socks5. Just trying something new here.

Now it is downloading like before, and DHT is updating.

Thanks for all your help.

On 1/12/2017 at 2:57 AM, Mikey5791 said:

Uninstalled the old version and installed the latest version 3.4.9 and then I go to UTorrent

preferences; under Proxy server I now use Socks4 instead of Socks5. Just trying something new here.

Now it is downloading like before, and DHT is updating.

Thanks for all your help.

I use older ut2 with proxy socks5 and have no problems.

Archived