Do I need Teredo?

deemon

Do I need to install IPv6/Teredo for actually communicating with IPv6 peers or not?

I mean can I communicate with peers that have IPv6 address without having one myself?

What is the difference between Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv6 address vs actually having IPv6 address on my NIC?

Which one is less identifying (I would like to remain more anonymous for the world) - like being randomly generated every restart or somewhere in-between restarts?

Which one is more taxing to hardware/CPU?

Would it be utterly stupid to untick the "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" from my NIC properties (which I did because I didn't want IPv6 address and anything to with IPv6 myself) and instead of install Teredo (which the uTorrent now did, giving me anyway IPv6 address ffs)? So should I reverse it and uninstall Teredo and re-enable "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)"?

After reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teredo_tunneling

It seems using Teredo is kind of ... VPN-service for IPv6... encapsulating my IPv6 P2P traffic to IPv4 and passed through some (Microsoft?) Teredo relays which then communicate with IPv6 peers? Possibly causing additional lag and observation for relay owners for my traffic? At the same time hopefully obfuscating my real (IPv4) address from the actual IPv6 peers? which is good?)

Also I am completely unaware if my ISP's internet is IPv6 capable naturally or is it IPv4 anyway.

The most important question here is: Will swapping from Teredo to native IPv6 (when my ISP supports it ofc) remove some of my anonymity in the interwebs... or actually improve it?

and the 2nd important question would be, would it improve my upload/download speeds?

Archived