Comodo Firewall and µTorrent

daniel0ng

I know this has been asked before by someone else, but no answer was given.

Anyone using Comodo Firewall with µTorrent? the only way i can get a green tick with 1.6 is to allow all traffic which is dangerous. It seems that my µTorrent always asks for permission when it starts up for a UDP port around 1300-2000, which is weird, and it doesn't seem to ask for the listening port I decided on earlier.

Any help?

Found this is the Comodo Forums, also posted the answer in the other thread ^^ this made it work for me, enjoy!

Bittorent

A mini tuttorial of how to open ports for bittorent and similar p2p programs

Go at the "Network Monitor" panel and add the following rule

Rule for TCP/UDP protocol

Action = Allow

Protocol = TCP or UDP

Direction = In

Source IP = Any

Remote IP = your IP adress (or "Any" )

Source port = Any

Remote port = the port your bittorent program uses for the TCP/UDP connections

You must move the rules up, over the default rule "Block IP in". ( CPF "reads/applicates" the rules from the top to the bottom)

ps. Remember that for CPF "Source IP" is the adress of the computer which sends the data and "Remote IP" is the computer that receives them. When your computer sends data is consindered Source, when receives them is consindered Remote.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you LouDog.

The wording has changed in COMODO Firewall v2.3.6.81.

The "Sources" are now considered "Destinations".

Just swap the terms and voila: Working CPF and µT!

Go to the "Network Monitor" panel and add the following rule:

Action : Allow

Protocol : TCP or UDP

Direction : In

Source IP : Any

Destination IP : Any (or your IP address)

Source Port : Any

Destination Port : XXXXX (A single port)

(µTorrent's port number is located at Options > Preferences > Connections)

Important: You must move this new rule up over the red, default rule "Block & Log - IP In/Out".

(CPF "reads/applys" the rules from the top to the bottom.)

P.S.: Remember that for CPF "Source IP" is the address of the computer which sends the data

and "Destination IP" is of the computer that receives them. When your computer sends data it

is considered Source, when it receives data it is consindered Destination.

• 6 months later...

Thanx a lot I was getting 2-3 kBps when I installed this firewall this very nice software. I couldnt just use another firewall. I wanted both uTorrent n Comodo to work. Now getting speeds slightly lower but good enough.

@Modrators: I know you ppl are busy but I ve noticed you have stick post about firewalls thats is bit outdated if you could modify it(since some iterface names been changed in that firewall. I have had been travelled three posts to reach this one and make uTorrent work.

Note: I used both uTorrent & Comodo firewall for a short while but both seems awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@kitchen.

There is no point of using upnp with this rule as you only need this rule to make port forwarding work. It is not possible to use random port unless their is a range. Because in comodo and your router setup you can specify a range and not just a single port but you still need to know the range or else every time it randomizes outside the range it will not work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have a problem - I think that the LouDog rule describes a interface from an older version of Comodo (I use the newest CMD 3). Can you please help me with what I have to do, if any have the CMD 3?

Mine look like this: I get there by CMD->Firewall (Tab)->Network Security Policy

cmdnetwpolfg2.png

Thx! Mr Cats

Archived