Tried the "Read here first" from Ultima...

devildog4

To correct my almost non-existence speed!

I am not a computer expert by all means, but read and tried the suggestions from Ultima for slow speeds. First time trying Utorrent.

Not knowing what I'm doing, I think that audio D/L 6.8MB in 58 minutes when my D/L speed is 15-18MB  is bit TOO slow!

1. Set up connection speed/entered results.

2. Enabled Protocol Encryption

3. Cant figure out if firewall is creating problem ( I didn't change anything there)

4. Cant find colored dot towards middle of status bar to see if NAT problem

Any suggestions? Please don't get too technical on me (lol)

Read from where? Since we have no idea what kinda ISP you have no one can make a determination of you speeds. Advertise ISP speeds are for Browsing not torrent speed so don't think the two are the same or related. What version of utorrent are you using and what is your Browser and O/S?

Hi PiusX. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Ultima (Forum Moderator?) posted at the beginning of the forums that if you are having speed issues READ HERE first. I did and followed the instructions the best I could. I'm running version 3.4.9.43085 using Windows 10. My internet D/L speeds are 15-18Mbs. Not knowing anything about Utorrent, I think 58 minutes to D/L  6.8MB of audio (10 songs)  is a bit long...

Any instructions? thanks...

On 1/28/2017 at 4:16 PM, devildog4 said:

Hi PiusX. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Ultima (Forum Moderator?) posted at the beginning of the forums that if you are having speed issues READ HERE first. I did and followed the instructions the best I could. I'm running version 3.4.9.43085 using Windows 10. My internet D/L speeds are 15-18Mbs. Not knowing anything about Utorrent, I think 58 minutes to D/L  6.8MB of audio (10 songs)  is a bit long...

Any instructions? thanks...

Try my slackware link and post the screen shot to see how it is going.

OK then. Quite a BIG difference...so I wonder what happened.

1. This D/L was 2.8 GB in 24 miniutes. First attempt was 6.8 MB in 58 minutes!

2. First attempt the health bar was 1 bar. This time it was 4.

3. What did I D/L and how do I get rid of it?

4. Here are the snapshots

5892dc1eb809b_2017-02-01(9).thumb.png.5e3ed89405148d83bdffeb9a827921b9.png

Thanks for the help...

2017-02-01 (2).png

2017-02-01 (4).png

Hi DreadWingKnight...

I assume "torrent specific" means where/what I'm trying to D/L? I went to ThePirateBay, which redirected me to Pirateunblocker...tried to D/L 10 audio songs.

BTW, where do I go to delete the "data on the slackware torrents" you mentioned?

Thanks again for the prompt reply and help

Ok...lets try this.

Is taking 58 minutes to D/L 6.8 Mb of audio:             a. Too slow

b. Normal

c. Too fast

Archived