I want to remove torrents that are seeding, but be able to re-seed sometime later

Private Download

I hope I am not being redundant here, but I've looked for an answer and have no idea what search parm to use. This is what I am looking for:

When I have more than 100 files in uTorrent, it starts and very slowly, constantly telling me "(not responding)". I know it is because with so many files, it takes a lot of time to check each before starting. Logically, I would think and torrent that is finished or stopped would skip this check until active. This does not seem to be the case. When I have a large list and a torrent start seeding, I stop it. I only seed when there only about 10 downloads or less in the list.

What I'd like, is to be able to remove to remove the stopped torrents from uTorrent and bring them back later when i am ready to start seeding so starting up uTorrent goes more quickly.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pvt Download

There not much you can do you have to stop some torrent to reduce bandwidth usage. The more you share the more bandwidth it uses and it will slow your system down no matter what. If you remove them you will have to recreate the torrent file to upload them to be downloaded.

On 28/01/2017 at 9:18 PM, Private Download said:

What I'd like, is to be able to remove to remove the stopped torrents from uTorrent and bring them back later when i am ready to start seeding so starting up uTorrent goes more quickly.

Highlight the torrent, then click the "X" (Remove) button.

To bring it back, click the "Add Torrent" button>Add Torrent from file (or File>Add Torrent) and navigate to the .torrent file.

Sorry to take so long to reply to you guys, I must've forgotten to check the box for email notification.

PiusX,

That is basically what I have been doing. When I am searching for something in particular, I dl every torrent that contains what I am looking for. Mostly just because I've gotten too many dls that just didn't get me what I want. So dl all and sort through  them to get which (if any) torrent did net me my booty. Usually, there are a large percentage of torrents that don't even start. Those I delete along with another large percentage that never completes. The torrents that did work, whether I used them or not, I seed back to a 10:1 ratio. I currently COPY the completed torrents out of the .torrents folder into a temp folder and delete just the torrent from uTorrent. When all dls are exhausted and I've deleted the torrent and data on the useless ones, I move the completed torrents back into the .torrent folder and add them back in in uTorrent. I was hoping someone had found an easier way or that uTorrent had one built in that I've overlooked.

Mike,

That way works as well. But, you need to restore the torrents back from the recycle bin AND when I do add it back in (see above response to PiusX), I need to direct uTorrent back to the folder I am using as my receiving folder. I save everything onto a 6TB WD MyCloud drive plugged into my router. I never need to worry about running out of disk space. I also dl each torrent to a location with like data. I usually manage to find 150+ torrents on a range of data types, so as you can see, I am usually have around 10 dl folders. It takes as long to add them this way as it did to originally add them from the Internet.

I am trying to find faster way to accomplish this. I have found that if I save the uTorrent dat files from appdata\roaming\ folder I can save the add time by restoring those DAT files (after moving the saved torrents back to the .torrent folder) when I am ready to go back to seeding. That is the best solution I have come up with.

Thank you guys very much for replying. :)

You guys must be configured differently than me. I don't have an "X" button and the trash can button puts the torrent in recycling. The same as right click, "remove" menu choices. I just did it on all possible ways after reading your posts and every single time they went to the recycling folder. In fact, this latest rev, pops up a window to tell me it is recycling the files.

5 hours ago, Private Download said:

Mike, I am running the latest update of uTorrent. This is my toolbar. It has been like this for as long as I can remember.

Righto. I'm using custom toolbar icons - as long as I can remember :) - so my toolbar shows "red cross" instead of default "bin".

Maybe then some setting has been altered that removes your torrents to recycle bin when you click that icon.

In that case, do this instead: simply right-click on torrent>remove.

I'll give that a try. I haven't used that option in many revs. The last time I did, 'Remove' did what ever choice was the latest one I made in the 'Remove And'. I didn't want to get burned by that again since uTorrent deleted a torrent and its data that had taken a very long time to get. That was quite a few revs ago since it was probably 3-4 years back.

It sure would be a lot easier to just remove it from the activity board completely, to improve uTorrent's handling many files simultaneously. However, I have come to realize that using my WD Cloud Drive is to download to is causing much more of the slow response than the large number of torrents. I have experienced a slow down using many torrents on a local drive, but that is not nearly as big a deal as my networked Cloud Drive. I have been using that drive because my local HDD was too full. Since I first posted this query, I've shuffled files back and forth from Cloud Drive to local drive and built a really organized directory structure to seed from.

I'll try your suggestion and let you know.

Hi guys,

I right clicked on the trash can icon and it gave me a sub-menu that had a default action set to delete torrent and data. I never knew it had a remove only option because i never right clicked the icon before. Anyway, I have now the default action as remove. I have the ability to just remove it from the display. I am so glad I asked this seemingly dumb question here. I've been using uTorrent for about 6 years and didn't know it could do that. It is easy enough to use for the basics I never explored.

Thanks again!!

Mike.

Archived