Deleting .torrent + Data

vvv

When I press "Delete" button on my computer, uT 3.4.9 deletes only Data, keeping .torrent file in my "Torrents" folder untouched. How to remove both Data and .torrent files?

Right clicking on "Trash" icon indicates, that default action is "Remove and delete .torrent + Data".

If I right click on torrent and choose "Remove And |  Delete .torrent + Data",  I'm getting the same result - Data is deleted, but .torrent file is not...

Is it a bug in uT v3.4.9 or I can do something to fix it?

I have two folders, configured properly in uT: "path\Torrents" and "path\Downloads".
Using a web browser I download .torrent files into the "path\Torrents" folder. All data files go to "path\Downloads" folder respectively.
Before I delete torrent from uT I open in WE those two folders and watch. When I press "Delete" button (or choose "Remove And |  Delete .torrent + Data" in related torrent's context menu I see, that data files were removed. But related .torrent file is still in "path\Torrents" folder. Then I have to delete it manually...

--------

Not related to the discussion, but I think it's still important to let you know. Do you guys know there is a problem with your web site? For example, I saw your post earlier, but could not post my reply until this moment. There was no edit box to enter my reply... This also happened 2017-02-06. And I can't even log in to the forum at 2017-02-03. Looking at time stamps or recent posts, I presume it happens not only to my... Please fix it.

Oh, I see...

Is there any way to make this happen?

I'd like to keep both folders clean. When I delete torrent, it'd be nice to automatically remove data files and the torrent file used with it. So, in a while my  "path\Torrents"  folder will not accumulate unnecessary torrent files. Now I have to do it manually with every torrent file I delete.

I forgot to mention, in my settings "Preferences | Directories | Location of .torrents | Save .torrents in" check box next to it is clear.

In Preferences under Directories at the bottom there is a tick box labeled "Automatically load .torrents from:" followed by "Delete loaded .torrents", perhaps you could try using that one?

My guess is that once it's captured the torrent file and put it in your path\Torrents folder, it will then delete the originator. Then when you delete both as you mentioned above it will have deleted all 3 files?

PS. I'm currently using the latest beta

@sentinel30, thank you for your suggestion. It works (after removing from uT binary folder all files/folders, except uTorrent.exe, settings.dat and ipfilter.dat).

BUT (and it's a big BUT), I organize all of my torrents with labels (like: "Books", "Movies", etc). When I use those settings I can not assign label to new torrent - torrent starts immediately upon downloading .torrent file to a third folder (specified in "Automatically load .torrents from:").

Do you know how to get to the "Add new torrent" dialog box, when I add new torrent, the dialog, that allows me to set label and choose downloaded files from the list?

I can set option "UI Settings | When Adding Torrents | Don't start the download automatically" and then set an label before starting new torrent. But I can't choose which files I want to download and which files I want to skip after I loaded torrent.

For those who want to keep torrents organized and manageable (deleting torrent and files without leftovers) - here is what you have to do:
1. You have to use 3 folders:
-- folder for data files (let say "Download") - configured in "Put new downloads in"
-- folder for .torrent files (let say "Torrents") - configured in "Store .torrents in"
-- folder for picking up torrent files (let say "PickUp") - configured in "Automatically load torrents from"

2. In "Preferences | Directories" set followed options:
Location of Downloaded files
  Put new downloads to: Downloads
  Move completed downloads to: Downloads
  Append the torrent's label - yes
Location of .torrents
  Store torrents in: Torrents
  Automatically load torrents from: PickUp
  Delete loaded .torrents - yes

3. In "Preferences | UI Settings" set followed options:
When adding torrents
  Don't start the download automatically - yes

Then, when you download new .torrent file in your web browser:
1. Point PickUp folder to download .torrent file
2. In uT right click on new torrent's "Label" column and set its new label
3. Go to torrent's "Files" tab, right click on files you want to skip and choose "Don't Download"
Then you can start download...

When you done with torrent you can remove its .torrent file and data files by pressing "Del" button on your computer (presuming you configured default action - remove torrent, delete .torrent and its data). And that's it.

As you can see, it's not trivial to make it works for such a simple task (running uT without collecting leftover files). And so far uT3.4.9 works this way. But I'll keep watching it for a while... 

Archived