I Need Help!

Toukijin2005

Okay i just downloaded UTorrent 1.6 and im having download and upload speed problems...Im on Rogers Express with a 5.01Mbps download speed and a 395Kbps upload speed...i have port 1720 forwarded, lazy bitfield set to true, i left nothing out from my previous settings on UTorrent 1.5...only thing different is i shut off UpnP port mapping..but having it on or off didnt effect it at all... i dont know what else to try..the most i can get now is 50KB download on one torrent..when before i could average 80-130KB a second on a torrent with 50+ seeders...if i put anymore it shoots down to like 5KB download or less! even worse uploading speeds...like 1KB all the way down to 0.01KB a second....any ideas as to what i can do?

Rogers throttles BitTorrent traffic HARD!

The old workaround of using port 1720 (their VoIP port) no longer avoids the throttling.

They also seem to throttle any traffic their packet sniffers can't read. (Yes, they are reading your traffic!)

Try some very reduced torrent settings to see if you can at least get upload speeds to 5 KB/sec.

50 KB/sec download speed is probably the most you'll ever get -- but making you a better seeder and less of a leech is a worthy goal too.

okay thats weird...now its seeding at its full 35KB a second lol..well it seems to be working now..no complaints here now. all i did was disable DHT networking and its fixed, tho if i exceed the limit of 2 downloads and try to force other downloads to start. it goes right down the drain as far as upload speeds go

Archived