3.5.x Beta

TylerW

7 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

Well I wouldn't classify it as bad, because qbittorrent checked it either to 100% or 99% and downloaded the rest without issue, didn't watch it unfortunately..

But uTorrent now does check it to 100%, so it would appear Qbittorrent sorted it where uTorrent failed consistently..

But I'll send you the link in private and you can see if the same happens for you. Could be related to the 101% bug we all know and love, maybe this might help quash it.

Downloaded  twice w/o any issue, using  latest Windows 10 1803, latest uTorrent beta 44640. Might be related to one of your settings too, so maybe a good test would be to try with my settings (@my sig).

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...

Can you see any connection downloading from  *peers*  (not seeds)?  Doesn't it seem suspicious id it is always 0 ? I think this might be going on for several versions now.

Edit: 

Not sure I see any *PEERS* (not seeds) being connected to for download here.... ?! 

Edited by rafi

26 minutes ago, rafi said:

Can you see any connection downloading from  *peers*  (not seeds)?  Doesn't it seem suspicious id it is always 0 ? I think this might be going on for several versions now.
Edit:
Not sure I see any *PEERS* (not seeds) being connected to for download here.... ?!

This value?:

3iKjCm0W_o.jpg

For comparison, here's with 3.3.2.30586:

sOptUfWX_o.jpg

Edited by mike20021969

23 minutes ago, rafi said:

Yes, I meant this number is low, but moreover, peers list show very few <100% peers downloading.

Something maybe for the devs to cast their eye over maybe...

In the meantime, are you able to see if a much earlier uTorrent version or perhaps another torrent client exhibits same/similar behaviour?

Edited by mike20021969

I really haven't  spend any time thinking about that. Just remembered it since I was asked by someone to file for him a similar bug report here. With that *specific* torrent and specific *ISP-peers* it seems  uT doesn't want to connect... 

Edited by rafi

Since installing the latest Beta (3.5..4.44809), I've been seeing pop-ups from nuclearlytu.info. I can get rid of this, obviously, but is my uTorrent update a red herring, or the cause?

I'll uninstall 44809, reboot, clean, and rollback to 44793.

17 minutes ago, gjm said:

Since installing the latest Beta (3.5..4.44809), I've been seeing pop-ups from nuclearlytu.info. I can get rid of this, obviously, but is my uTorrent update a red herring, or the cause?

OK - uninstalled 44809. Ran Malwarebytes - nothing found. Reboot, start Chrome - no pop-up.
This is not by any means conclusive.

Now to reinstalling 44793 (which I'd not had any issues with. :) )

1 hour ago, gjm said:

1 hour ago, gjm said:

OK - uninstalled 44809. Ran Malwarebytes - nothing found. Reboot, start Chrome - no pop-up.
This is not by any means conclusive.

Now to reinstalling 44793 (which I'd not had any issues with. :) )

Reinstalled 44793 - the nuclearytu.info pop-up appears to be gone.

Was this deliberately included in 44809 as a part of the advertising contained in the free version of uT?

9 hours ago, gjm said:

Nothing here. Probably my settings (@sig) is blocking everything good enough...

Edited by rafi
  • Like 1