• Announcements

• Bommuraj Paramaraj

Important Security Advisory   06/07/2016

On June 6th, 2016, BitTorrent was made aware of a security issue involving the vendor which powers our forums.
      The vulnerability appears to have been through one of the vendor’s other clients, however it allowed attackers to access some information on other accounts. As a result, attackers were able to download a list of our forum users. We are investigating further to learn if any other information was accessed.Our vendor has made backend changes so that the hashes in the file do not appear to be a usable attack vector. As a precaution, we are advising our users to change their passwords. While the passwords may not be used as a vector on the forums, those hashed passwords should be considered compromised. Anyone using the same password for forums as well as other places is strongly advised to update their passwords and/or practice good personal security practices.
TylerW

3.5.x Beta

37 posts in this topic

Hi -

Just wanted to report a bug on latest uT version (Build 43580/x32 bit Windows).

The functionality relating to marking files within a torrent to be downloaded/skipped seems to be completely broken in new release (has always worked well in the past).

If I mark all files to 'don't download' and then re-enable some of them via the Priority menu it basically ignores my selections and downloads a different set of files to what was selected. I've tried stopping/starting torrent and this doesn't help.

As per included screenshot - the 'priority' column is correctly showing what selections I made - however the %/Done/etc columns show that the 'skipped' files are being downloaded anyhow (and other files marked as 'normal' aren't being downloaded).

I hope this can be fixed ASAP - not sure if I need to downgrade to old release now.

thanks

CM

tprob.PNG

Can you be more specific, and describe - when exactly you have skipped/selected files - before starting to download at all? What was the torrent state when you did - stopped? Your PC-OS? What was the previous versions you've used where this was OK? Is that specific to this one torrent or happen to all?

A link to this torrent can help, maybe you settings file too.

Edited by rafi

1 hour ago, rafi said:

Can you be more specific, and describe - when exactly you have skipped/selected files - before starting to download at all? What was the torrent state when you did - stopped? Your PC-OS? What was the previous versions you've used where this was OK? Is that specific to this one torrent or happen to all?

A link to this torrent can help, maybe you settings file too.

Hi - I pause the torrent immediately after it registers (while it's still searching for peers but file list is available) + then go and do 'Don't download' on the files I don't want (at this point 0% downloaded) - and then go and start the torrent again from uTorrent. This problem has happened on every torrent I've tried to do this with since getting the new update (noticed it maybe 5 times) - so it's definitely not specific to a particular torrent.

It's definitely only being happening with latest uTorrent build 43580 x32 (running on Windows 10 64 bit) - I do this quite often for packs where I need to only grab some files - never remember it not working before now.

The torrent site is private so I can't post the link here.

Try to set  your properties->UI->Don't start download automatically (so you don't need to stop+restart). Make sure "use partfile" is selected. Does it happen with this as well?

Edited by rafi

3.5.0.43784 available. No changelog as of yet.

Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6F6923712B287A41E7525812EBB8585F2BDAFC2E

Or, try beta link below for regular installer.

Edited by mike20021969
Smaller Installer Magnet Link

On 7/5/2017 at 11:35 AM, mike20021969 said:

3.5.0.43784 available. No changelog as of yet.

Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8C96410191F9DB0AF7B55AE79435662C4D7C9A07

Or, try beta link below.

Have heard that utorrent will be moving to web browser

Changelog is up for the new beta, 3.5.0.43784.

μTorrent 3.5.0 Beta (build 43784)

• Fix a crash that can occur while streaming
  • Fix a bug causing an ad to pop up in the Ad-free period
  • Remove mininova from search
  • Fix a bug that can cause an ad to pop up when a second torrent is added, even for Ad-free users

As there is no 3.5.x stable thread....

3.5.0.43804 available. No changelog as of yet.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E068FBC0DC363B797449DCB03E20F25BB95860D0

or try Russian Roulette on the stable links :D

Can that mean some local interfacing to your web browser?...

3.5.0.43900 now available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7CD43A0F9416B9396DA9C28FD40F2AD698CF00DC

Smaller Installer:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D3237CF2CA60BED721F0942BC56E15DE9BAE1572

or try Russian Roulette on the beta links in signature.

June 14, 2017

• Update AV download/update URL for Pro
  • Hide tabs for "My Pro Account" page
  • Warn user before attempting to launch files with masked extensions
Edited by mike20021969

As there is no 3.5.x Stable thread:

3.5.0.43916 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A424B55AB7942B8E3C9D0578FB56A548540C208B

Or try the stable links in signature below.

No changelog at time of posting (although most likely same as beta in post above).

Edited by mike20021969