3.5.x Beta

TylerW

34 minutes ago, freedomdwarf said:

I have disabled ads as per your sig line and added more to my hosts file that I didn't have.

Unless I've missed something, I don't see what else I can do.

As I said, try my settings file (modify as needed), see if it helps, then find out what you've missed... 

1 hour ago, mike20021969 said:

That seems to have done the trick  :)

Been running for 15+ minutes now and only 1 warning pop-up. Normally, I would have seen a dozen or more warnings just typing this reply; but so far, just the one at the start and nothing else as yet.

This is what I mean about this client - we have to jump thru hoops to stop it being really annoying in execution. I don't get that with other software, not even adware.

Done all those and double-checked.

Getting a few more pop-ups (all uTorrent.exe on random ports) but nothing like it used to. Earlier versions were never this intrusive.

The Mrs runs a v2.something and she rarely sees pop-ups even tho we have the same system and pretty much identical software installed (identical Windows, MB & WD). Its only me that investigates beta software and new stuff.

And I'll say it again.... I don't get ANY warnings at all from anything else - only uT when it's running.

Just been watching it. It seems to be mainly from 80.82.70.163 [inbound & outbound].

Edited by freedomdwarf
Update

8 minutes ago, freedomdwarf said:

Getting a few more pop-ups (all uTorrent.exe on random ports) but nothing like it used to. Earlier versions were never this intrusive.

And I'll say it again.... I don't get ANY warnings at all from anything else - only uT when it's running.

That could be down to the fact that although the ads are hidden from the interface, the program is still "requesting them" from time to time.

Find out (via Malwarebytes?) what domain they're being requested from and block them via hosts.

If there's any domains not on my Host list, feel free PM me them then I can add them to what I already have on my Host signature link.

Edited by mike20021969

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, schnurlos said:

Now there is a changelog (with wrong date in my opinion, so here is "my" correct date).

-- 2018-02-15: Version 3.5.3 Beta (build 44352)
- Point Remote "Learn More" link to better URL
- Multiple security fixes. Thanks to Tavis Ormandy for the report.

Really, the changelog should be dated for the release itself.

3.5.3.44352 was signed 14 February 2018 00:53:06.

As there is no stable thread...

3.5.3.44358 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:200079AA18F770876D26C5999B6A86E10C7EDDD1

Changelog:

– Use proper device pairing password when updating device info graphic
– Point Remote “Learn More” link to better URL
– Disable localhost/search lookup when making searches. Do not rely on the localhost port-10k discoverability
– Use a CRNG as a WebUI token source
– Require device/service pairing or standard webui authentication for the /proxy endpoint
– Sanity check Host header on HTTP requests
– Remove automatic discoverability feature over port 10000. The setting net.discoverable no longer exists.
– WebUI action getsettings is only allowed for fully authenticated user (not guest)
– Fix crash when sending malformed requests to /fileserve
– Fix forced re-install mode when same version is already installed
– Set uninstaller prompt dialog title
– Remove Nexway cart URLs
– License key information is no longer exposed via WebUI

Edited by mike20021969
Binary Size = 2.05 MB (2,151,864 bytes)

• 2 weeks later...

Why does uTorrent show 13MB/s disk read/write when I only have two torrents active delivering on a dozen or so kb/s?

I disabled caching of disk reads but no change, task manager is giving constant values of over 13MB/s while uTorrent dishes out KB/s even disabling the cache doesn't change anything. I'm also seeing this with 2.2.1 as well, although the disk rate is lower at about 8MB/s instead.

Edited by Ryrynz

• 2 weeks later...

-- 2018-03-19: Version 3.5.3 Beta (build 44366)
– Pro Antivirus now downloads patch updates, not full blobs
– Update uTorrent and BitTorrent Pro antivirus scanning engine
– Fix bug that would prevent some users from dismissing the HtmlDlg windows.
– Automatically dismiss HtmlDlg windows on load failure
– Fix bug that could cause corrupted messages to be sent over the /proxy interface's callback
– Fix latent rare crash for Pro users when moving files into a quarantined state

Alternative download

• 3 weeks later...

On 09/03/2018 at 7:44 PM, Jarod997 said:

What's too large?

The current stable is 0.01 MB smaller than the current beta.

I've downloaded both files from the stable link before you, and yours, they have different sizes... Can you please explain your counterfeit ?... 

Edited by rafi