3.5.x Beta

TylerW

16 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

I wonder why the stable is 3.5.3.44494 and the beta is 3.5.4.44484? That's weird numbering.

Confused me... And I'm not writing the code!

When I have run development programs, the build number increments regardless of the base version. Perhaps that is how this as come about?

Edited by gjm

With build 44484 and  44488 I lost three time the settings.dat and settings.dat.old (renamed settings.dat.1530809080.bad and settings.dat.old.1530809080.bad or similar) and I have to reconfigure uT from scratch.

Last time I restart uT with a backup copy of settings.dat, but this situation is annoying.

Edited by zdnko

I've tried running 3.5.3.44494, downgraded(?) from 44488.

I regularly find that when a torrent completes and I select 'Remove torrent' from the list of active torrents, the directory where the download has been stored retains one (or more, sometimes many) .!ut files. I didn't see this behaviour with any of the 3.5.4 Betas.

As there is no stable thread...

3.5.4.44498 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48DD9CACE0ACD6978304C407B314ECE309210903

Changelog:

– Speculative fix for resume data not being saved at shutdown
– Avoid a crash when Android client connecting via Remote after canceling a connection request
– Use more generic wording in Device Pairing dialog. Adjust dialog dimensions for better text fit
– Remove special treatment of toolbar RSS Add Feed icon
– Remove some legacy string formatting code
– Remove onboarding from addtorrent button. Now available in the help menu
– Fix potential crash when checking associations
– Add GDPR consent dialog
– Migrate new settings to Privacy preferences page, and add forget me button
– Do not break file path when calculating open-to directory path
– Permit admin-privileged remote devices to request configremote action

• Like 1

I would like to make a feature request here, FWIW.  I know some developers do hang here...

I'd like an option to SUPPRESS contact with any tracker OTHER than DHT.  Typically when I add a torrent I get the options dialog to adjust the name etc., and I click "Advanced" to delete all the trackers, which were specified in the .torrent, or via the magnet link url from the site.  However, uT has already gone ahead and contacted the trackers [if it was a magnet, in order to find the .torrent].   I don't want it to contact any tracker, EVER, just use DHT.  Does that make sense...  Thanks...

response:  it bothers me that sites can insert trackers of their choice into the magnet link url, above and beyond what's in the .torrent.  That's "sponsorship" plain and simple, and wreaks of "user tracking abuse".  and yes, anonymity...  I know DHT isn't immune to "infiltration by bad actors", but now that we have DHT working well the requirement for tracker sites is eliminated.  Thanks for listening...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As there's no stable thread...

3.5.4.44520 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8DC3A49D0AD537162D2DCB02040BE1C288870F99

Binary size: 1.89 MB (1,987,256 bytes) / MD5: 7C18B2EC501D020BEF64C6C2C98A16BD

Changelog:

uTorrent 3.5.4 For Windows (build 44520)

September 14, 2018

– Fix device pairing crash when category is changed

– Fix crash when handling invalid magnet link data

Edited by mike20021969
Added changelog

This installer isn't overwriting my exe at AppData\Roaming\uTorrent, also I'm ticking add desktop icon and nothing gets added.

This installer is whack. Uninstalled the old version and reinstalled the new.. finally wrote the exe and added icon.

Edited by Ryrynz

10 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

This installer isn't overwriting my exe at AppData\Roaming\uTorrent, also I'm ticking add desktop icon and nothing gets added.

This installer is whack. Uninstalled the old version and reinstalled the new.. finally wrote the exe and added icon.

Could the overwrite be a Windows permissions issue? It's worked for me.

7 hours ago, thexfile said:

During instill I'm clicking "Add window firewall exception" and it isn't.

Window 10 build 18219

Again... Works for me...

Only issue I have found is that .!ut files are sometimes left in the destination directory after the files are moved from the temporary download location to the 'final' destination.

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Again... Works for me...

Only issue I have found is that .!ut files are sometimes left in the destination directory after the files are moved from the temporary download location to the 'final' destination.

Later install, I have to go into preference and check the box.

Here is the link for build 44520 without installer - with that you just can replace the exisiting utorrent.exe in you installation/run folder.
At first run you have to select your language, the .lng file is being downloaded - it ignores existing .txt (language) file. Rename or delete the .lng after exiting utorrent and the .txt is used as before during next run.

@admins: if you want to force the users to work with the utorrent.lng file you should keep it fresh, not with the outdated version of build 43085!

Edited by schnurlos

On 8/19/2018 at 10:11 AM, gjm said:

Ran some downloads last night to check. There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern to this - some downloads complete and temporary files are completed as expected, but some will complete with 1, 2, 3, 4 or more files having downloaded completely, but with their accompanying .!ut files not being removed.

I have uTorrent configured to move a completed download to a different directory.

3.5.4.44562 available. Beta Links in signature or MAGNET:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7A92D0C258F12D202B140EACF9088AB1A26380D8

Binary size: 2.32 MB (2,434,744 bytes) / MD5: 4A65935BC77877CBA40AECAD0123D517

Changelog:

• Fix configremote hang
  • Adding torrents by magnet links and hashes now updates statistic of number of torrents added
  • Change Registration Failure dialog from Yes/No to OK
  • Remove Pro-only Show Converted Files choice from menu in non PRO product
  • TorrentFile::Parse should restore TorrentFile state on parse error
  • Update the toolbar icons
  • Don't install unnecessary apps at install-time
  • Resolve inconsistency of string settings that are stored in ANSI/multibyte strings
  • Fix crash caused when copying BSTR to wstring
  • Like 2