3.5.x Beta

TylerW

3.6.6.4481?   Where did you get that?  It must be an alpha?

I'm now running beta 3.5.4.44809

My updates.dat file is only  1,861 in size.   What is that file for?  Would there be any reason not to delete it?  From what I can see.. it's just a log of installs with no function at all.  

7 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

Are you referring to 3.6.6.44841? Most likely 3.5.4.44846 is reading the updates.dat file and detecting 3.6.6 and not taking the build into account also.

For me, updates.dat is not (really) necessary for uTorrent to work as it should. It basically just stores every version of uTorrent you've used.

Personally, I disabled updates.dat years ago (now an empty 0 kB, Read-only file).

lBTCVYmT_o.jpg

Take the plunge - replace the binary and enjoy the latest "slimline" Stable before it balloons again :)

a long time ago.. utorrent came bundled with a load of embedded games.  I didn't mind that, but most other people hated it.   The only other torrent client that I would suggest people use is Bittorrent, which is made by the same company and 100% clone of Utorrent, but is coded differently.  I use bittorrent to download / leech files, then autosave the torrent files to a directory which utorrent automatically loads the completed torrents.. and utorrent uploads / seeds the files. 

16 minutes ago, joshace said:

a long time ago.. utorrent came bundled with a load of embedded games.

Talking of unwanted stuff: Not so long ago, back in June, an "Ad-Free" uTorrent apk was "accidentally" delivered as an update to Android users along with its BitTorrent counterpart.  An update quickly followed and back came the Ads.

Fortunately. I'd backed up the apk's. So I reinstalled them (disabling Play Store auto-update for both in the process). Now I see no ads :)

2 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

Talking of unwanted stuff: Not so long ago, back in June, an "Ad-Free" uTorrent apk was "accidentally" delivered as an update to Android users along with its BitTorrent counterpart.  An update quickly followed and back came the Ads.

Fortunately. I'd backed up the apk's. So I reinstalled them (disabling Play Store auto-update for both in the process). Now I see no ads :)

Seriously? who uses uttorent on android?... ;)

Edited by rafi

On 11/4/2018 at 4:07 AM, Ryrynz said:

The UI responsiveness needs some work, I've got uTorrent completely freezing the UI while it downloads fine in the background, the mouse over in the taskbar shows uTorrent is downloading/uploading & completing torrents fine but the UI isn't updating if I bring up the full window and at times it just stays blank with no torrents showing in the window at all. My CPU is only at 25% (It's a quad i7) and I have oodles of RAM to spare. Once the torrent has finished downloading, the UI is back to working properly again. Doubt it'll make much difference but I changed the GUI to update every 2 seconds instead of 1. ANyone got any other options they know of that might help?

I had this problem for a month or so. It went away when I uninstalled Comodo Cloud AV so I'll assume that was the problem.