3.5.x Beta

TylerW

Can you be more specific, and describe - when exactly you have skipped/selected files - before starting to download at all? What was the torrent state when you did - stopped? Your PC-OS? What was the previous versions you've used where this was OK? Is that specific to this one torrent or happen to all?

A link to this torrent can help, maybe you settings file too.

Edited by rafi

1 hour ago, rafi said:

Can you be more specific, and describe - when exactly you have skipped/selected files - before starting to download at all? What was the torrent state when you did - stopped? Your PC-OS? What was the previous versions you've used where this was OK? Is that specific to this one torrent or happen to all?

A link to this torrent can help, maybe you settings file too.

Hi - I pause the torrent immediately after it registers (while it's still searching for peers but file list is available) + then go and do 'Don't download' on the files I don't want (at this point 0% downloaded) - and then go and start the torrent again from uTorrent. This problem has happened on every torrent I've tried to do this with since getting the new update (noticed it maybe 5 times) - so it's definitely not specific to a particular torrent.

It's definitely only being happening with latest uTorrent build 43580 x32 (running on Windows 10 64 bit) - I do this quite often for packs where I need to only grab some files - never remember it not working before now.

The torrent site is private so I can't post the link here.

• 4 weeks later...

Changelog is up for the new beta, 3.5.0.43784.

μTorrent 3.5.0 Beta (build 43784)

• Fix a crash that can occur while streaming
  • Fix a bug causing an ad to pop up in the Ad-free period
  • Remove mininova from search
  • Fix a bug that can cause an ad to pop up when a second torrent is added, even for Ad-free users

• 1 month later...

3.5.0.43900 now available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7CD43A0F9416B9396DA9C28FD40F2AD698CF00DC

Smaller Installer:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D3237CF2CA60BED721F0942BC56E15DE9BAE1572

or try Russian Roulette on the beta links in signature.

June 14, 2017

• Update AV download/update URL for Pro
  • Hide tabs for "My Pro Account" page
  • Warn user before attempting to launch files with masked extensions
Edited by mike20021969

As there is no 3.5.x Stable thread:

3.5.0.43916 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A424B55AB7942B8E3C9D0578FB56A548540C208B

Or try the stable links in signature below.

No changelog at time of posting (although most likely same as beta in post above).

Edited by mike20021969

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW,  i just noticed that the help / show statistics info does not increment "number of torrents added" for adds done via magnet links, just via .torrent files.  oops.

Also, it would be a nice addition if those stats could be wiped by the user, for those that don't want anyone to know that they've downloaded 1000 torrents!

• 1 month later...

μTorrent 3.5.0 Beta (build 44010)

August 9, 2017

Fix a bug causing the "You've just been upgraded" page to open too frequently.

I'm sure Mike will make a copy ready to direct/torrent download for us ASAP... :)

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...

3.5.0.44050 available. Downloads:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D378AA362D237728BFA4C69E0980D308BD10A5DF  (1.90 MB (1,999,040 bytes))

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FC9ED52B76CFFE749A3F042F5354E4164C35786C  (2.15 MB (2,258,112 bytes))

or beta link in signature.

August 17, 2017

• Append "torrent" to the search query (only for default provider)
  • Fix crash introduced in 44010
  • Fix a race (crash) upon receiving metadata
Edited by mike20021969

26 minutes ago, Soumya Sinha said:

You've just been upgraded to uTorrent version 3.5.1.43916!

This page opens up in the browser automatically every 2-3 days.

What version are you running?

A "bug" like that was supposed to have been fixed in 3.5.0.44010 beta.

μTorrent 3.5.0 Beta (build 44010)

August 9, 2017

• Fix a bug causing the "You've just been upgraded" page to open too frequently.

Edited by mike20021969

5 minutes ago, Soumya Sinha said:

Sorry. Not using beta version.

I'm on uTorrent 3.5 (build 43916). Couldn't find stable 3.5.x in the forum, so commented here.

So, unless you update to the latest beta, you'd be stuck with this, until the next stable release...

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...

bakabt won't whitelist the newer stable version citing 3.3. series as the reason. Maybe if the devs of utorrent talked with the bakabt owner about what they want to see in utorrent, We can get somewhere and utorrent users are happy and the devs are happy and bakabt staff are happy because no one is whining. We aren't getting anywhere because they tell us to talk to you and then vice versa. Maybe the issue we are experiencing could be solved if you guys talked to each other and ironed out your differences and the users caught in the crossfire will no longer be the hostages.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:40 PM, bluebellrose said:

bakabt won't whitelist the newer stable version

You're not going to get those idiots to whitelist this or any other version of this utorrent client at all ever. They hate it and have zero interest in reviewing their nazi ass decision regarding it.
There isn't anything that can be done to fix it, many have blocked it simply because of advert security concerns or that bundle drama.
This is maybe in part why they've started developing a new client, you probably won't see this released this year, maybe next if Bittorrent inc gets it's shit together.