3.5.x Beta

TylerW

I have 3.5.5 45365 installed.. and it crashes every 30 minutes or less.

I upgraded to 3.5.5 45397 (which seems to have removed TronTV)  and that crashes even MORE often.

I've got terabytes of empty hard drive space and the maximum RAM there is for my computer which is 128GB - I never even come close to running out of RAM.

However, I constantly get "Windows is unable to allocate memory" errors from Utorrent (and BitTorrent) but no other program on my computer ever has that problem. There is a big nasty problem with Utorrent and Bittorrent that exists and is being ignored.

I have tried Qbittorrent which is a ripoff clone of Utorrent/Bittorrent... and it never crashes. 

I am getting to the point of switching from Utorrent to another program... which I do NOT want to do.  I have looked at the peers lists of my torrents.. and see an increasing number of people using bittorrent, qbittorrent, libtorrent, and transmission instead of Utorrent. 

As there's no stable thread...
3.5.5_45449 magnet:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7D9CCE4B462BA0CE631ACC69680E86C09A7B68DC
File size: 1.74 MB (1,829,872 bytes) / MD5: EF97EE21AFD8C97B6C08C2215CFCBAE5
Digitally Signed: BitTorrent Inc. 25 November 2019 20:02:59
No changelog at time of posting.

Edited by mike20021969

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, jvidal said:

for me it works, with luck, about 10% of the time. the other 90% I get an older build. this has happened FOR AGES.

We're obviously doing something differently.

I take the magnet link, use it to download the new version, and install. Works every time.

Using build 45449 stable on win 7 i'm seeing crashes 100% of the time after the program has been running for a few housrs.  This always happens when I'm away from the PC so nothing is happening with the program or machine at the time this happens.  I come back after being AFK for a few hours and find the program non responsive. 

8 hours ago, icebox said:

Using build 45449 stable on win 7 i'm seeing crashes 100% of the time after the program has been running for a few housrs.  This always happens when I'm away from the PC so nothing is happening with the program or machine at the time this happens.  I come back after being AFK for a few hours and find the program non responsive. 

Is this new ? Any crash dump you can link to? What is the last version that was running OK? 

Also, just try the new build, see if you are in luck and it resolves your issue ..

Edited by rafi

As there's no stable thread...
3.5.5_45493 magnet:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:072CB646A85949B5608D900FA8C5759496757234
File size: 2.21 MB (2,327,280 bytes) / MD5: C4A45A425273B5F88526940D4455D94D
Digitally Signed: BitTorrent Inc. 17 December 2019 22:46:55
No changelog at time of posting.

Edited by mike20021969

On 12/17/2019 at 11:13 PM, rafi said:

Is this new ? Any crash dump you can link to? What is the last version that was running OK? 

Also, just try the new build, see if you are in luck and it resolves your issue ..

Will try.  No dump as the program just goes non responsive, and has to be force closed. And yes, this was new when I upgraded to that version.  I had been using a 6 or so month old version before that. 

Edited by icebox

9 hours ago, icebox said:

Will try.  No dump as the program just goes non responsive, and has to be force closed. And yes, this was new when I upgraded to that version.  I had been using a 6 or so month old version before that. 

When it freezes, go-to task-manager->details->utorrent->create dump file , and just host it and post a link. 

Edited by rafi