3.5.x Beta

TylerW

2 hours ago, jvidal said:

Hi!

As the official link NEVER works, Does someone have a link to the latest INSTALLER for build 45505?

thx!

I believe Mike's build should also do the "Install", since there is almost nothing to install... :)

Plus , if they've "pulled" it, it may have an extra value for us, maybe less ads... ;)

Edited by rafi

μTorrent 3.5.5 Beta (build 45519)

January 09, 2020

• Fix thread related memory leak
  • Fix AV btindtall update progress
  • Update BitDefender SDK
  • Fix memory leak in torrent properties dialog

http://download-new.utorrent.com/endpoint/utorrent/os/windows/track/beta

(edit:  https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/iE4Z4gZq/3.5.5_45519_LAA.exe.zip )

Edited by rafi
  • Like 1

Clicked the link, downloaded. Ensured 45505 wasn't running, and tried to update/install to 45519.

"A newer version of uTorrent, 3.5.5 build 45505 is already installed. Would you like to downgrade to 3.5.5 build 45397?"

Checking the properties shows the file version and product version to both be 45397. (Unsurprisingly) I was unable to remove the version info from the file details.

As an aside, I don't appear to have experienced any memory leaks from 45505.

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Clicked the link, downloaded. Ensured 45505 wasn't running, and tried to update/install to 45519.

"A newer version of uTorrent, 3.5.5 build 45505 is already installed. Would you like to downgrade to 3.5.5 build 45397?"

Added another link ^^

Edited by rafi
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, rafi said:

Added another link ^^

Cool. 

Downloaded, scanned (of course), extracted, installation delayed because Win10 didn't like it (tell Win 10 to install anyway), then Win10 decided it had to scan again... After that all install as I usually have when downloading a new beta via magnet.

WebCompanion Adaware installed again - uninstalled that.

Not criticism - just FYIs for other folk.

Edited by gjm

On 1/11/2020 at 3:24 AM, mike20021969 said:

3.5.5_45519 magnet:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9FA028A6C8F4DFF3B76501792D91A4D4F606857F
File size: 1.81 MB (1,902,824 bytes) / MD5: 83B9F5B07C113311787E7BC09890BE7D
Digitally Signed: BitTorrent Inc. 09 January 2020 18:15:58

45519, like 45505 before it, still has problems in the Options | Preferences | Advanced filter: "box".  Type chars and the list reduces as expected, but hit backspace and they do not reappear. Also lines in the main box start to disappear and the whole things gets wonky.  Most especially true when using SHIFT-F2 to get at the "special" parameters.  Been true since the addition of BTFS,  45449 is the most recent version that is actually stable...

1 hour ago, javacatpaul said:

45519, like 45505 before it, still has problems in the Options | Preferences | Advanced filter: "box".  Type chars and the list reduces as expected, but hit backspace and they do not reappear. Also lines in the main box start to disappear and the whole things gets wonky.  Most especially true when using SHIFT-F2 to get at the "special" parameters.  Been true since the addition of BTFS,  45449 is the most recent version that is actually stable...

Which OS/build?

Looks OK on my Win10 latest 1809:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yglK-_6xADtllrwQhjLXW4hpIOwcl75T/view?usp=sharing

On 1/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, javacatpaul said:

I'm on Win 7 still.  It starts going wonky when you backspace the filter entry, both stated versions do it, 45449 works solid.

As a test type "btfs" then backspace it out, pow.  the release notes said they fixed multiple memory leaks,  this sounds like another one to me...

It's probably related  to uT interacting with Win7 . Backspace with "bsfs" in pref->advanced works ok as well...

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, _45533 beta no longer exhibits the issues I had under Win 7 [prefs | advanced | filter_box] with prior two betas.

Fixed! [in Mike's maglink version at least].]

I think mike's versions all always smaller since he builds them compressed and UT only bothers to compress non-betas.

Anyway all betta now...

32 minutes ago, javacatpaul said:

FWIW, _45533 beta no longer exhibits the issues I had under Win 7 [prefs | advanced | filter_box] with prior two betas.

Fixed! [in Mike's maglink version at least].]

I think mike's versions all always smaller since he builds them compressed and UT only bothers to compress non-betas.

Anyway all betta now...

No, he does not double-compress, it is already compressed, he only extracts the pure client code. Can you try the one from the beta link?

I tested the direct from UT version 0f _45553 and it no longer has the problem either.

re: sizes, I examined both and all I see is ut version has an RCDATA resource that mike's does not, and the segments have different offsets (duh).  mike's build is not including something...  but mike's build in not one of those newer and much larger "installer types" that has the embedded CARRIER.EXE original, which I always extract and discard the wrapper.