3.5.x Beta

TylerW

OK - this is weird. 

Running build 45628. Left it downloading one torrent (50-odd Gb) with several others in a 'stopped' state. Battery died at some point and the laptop shutdown - happened before, never a problem.

Connected power, booted, started uTorrent, and.... Where are my torrents? They've gone. The one I had left downloading had completed, as it had been moved to my 'completed' directory. Nothing in the Recycle bin - deleting a torrent from uTorrent has always left something there.

The missing .torrent torrent files are all in the C:\...\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent folder, including the one that had completed downloading.

No actual loss as I'd not started the others - just set them up so I could do, later. No disk space issue - over 12Gb free space available.

Curious. First time I've had any sort of issue with any build in a long time.

Edit: Just dragged the .torrent files from the C:\...\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent folder to uTorrent, left them as 'stopped', shutdown uTorrent, restarted it, and... Yup - they're there. No problems.

Restarting the added .torrents has led to a need to specify the destination folder name. That may be normal, of course.

OK - fundamental problem. Downloading any new torrent with association to uTorrent, intended to start the torrent download, creates the 'Torrent error' "The system cannot find the path specified. (Write to disk.)"
Looks like the new folder name is not being parsed, and an old folder named is being tried (and failing, when it has been removed.)

Edited by gjm

On 4/3/2020 at 3:07 AM, schnurlos said:

There are builds which are downloadable when you know where to find them. Also not all builds are rolled out automatically to all users. Only the officially shown builds are for the mass - the ones f.e. found by mike are testbuilds. Feel free to use them - or not.

The builds that mike posts here are (at least according to him), stable, not "test builds" and whatnot.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:40 AM, jvidal said:

The builds that mike posts here are (at least according to him), stable, not "test builds" and whatnot.

Not exactly, this is a beta thread, and those are both stable and beta releases. Both a pretty stable, tho...

Edited by rafi

On 4/7/2020 at 8:40 AM, gjm said:

Battery died at some point and the laptop shutdown - happened before, never a problem.

I have noticed some issues with not saving "resume.dat" on file->exit , so surely not when force-exited by Windows. Maybe resume.dat has been corrupted in the process of closing+writing-it?

In my case, torrent state was not saved, see a new seeding that I have just stated before exit - was not showing, the state has changed :(

Edit:

see if you have resume.dir_only/enable_resume_dir set to true by any chance..  it was buggy...

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...

With the latest version there's now a "Pro 25% Off!" in red color in the sidebar:
Y8eZEP2.jpg
Is there a related entry in Options|Preferences|Advanced to disable it?

Edit:
I see that if I toggle "gui.show_plus_upsell_node" to false (via: Shift+F2>hidden advanced settings)
the entry gets hidden, but unfortunately it becomes true again when I restart utorrent.

PS. I also wanted to hide the "TronTV", but unfortunately it always reappears after a while, when I hide it via Options|Show TronTV (F8)

Edited by darkred

23 hours ago, darkred said:

With the latest version there's now a "Pro 25% Off!" in red color in the sidebar:

Is there a related entry in Options|Preferences|Advanced to disable it?

A simple trick for this is - scroll down so everything *above* "Torrents (1)" will be hidden, done. uTorrent should save this scroll position for the next run... XD

image.png.dd809bf0695a2720bc61a80db4407f63.png

Edited by rafi
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Magent was slow to start, but quick to complete.

However... That bl**dy Adaware Web Companion POS is back. Wasn't in the last few updates - any reason why it has been included this time? There's no option to not install it, or notification that it is being installed.

• Like 1