TylerW

3.5.x Beta

On 9/4/2020 at 6:32 PM, Pr1XseL said:

You should have seen links posted before or noticed that going to official download page you will be redirected to latest official stable Windows build:

utorrent.com/downloads/complete/track/stable/os/win

Latest beta you can get by replacing "stable" into "beta" in the same link: utorrent.com/downloads/complete/track/beta/os/win

Sometimes stable link gives you newer version number than beta, so just download both and compare them by opening the installation screen or right click and select file properties and then look at version number in the details tab.

There was also another link shared couple posts before, where you just replace version number in the link and then you can try your luck getting newer offline or online exe installation file.

The latest Beta (3.5.5 Beta Build 45770) has a bug in that makes it completely useless!

It is impossible to reset the filter text to the empty string in the filter edit control at the top. It keeps resetting itself to the phrase "Filter Torrents" which of course does not match anything and will not accept an empty string for no-filter.

If you try to tab out of the edit control or click out of it, so that it loses focus with no filter set, it will just put back the "Filter Torrents" phrase into the edit control, which as previously mentioned, will not match anything.

This make it impossible to turn filtering off.

Filter bug is fixed in the 45770 and i can not reproduce it. Would you mind to make screen video and share it with me pls?

On 9/26/2020 at 7:04 PM, mikegold10 said:

The latest Beta (3.5.5 Beta Build 45770) has a bug in that makes it completely useless!

Not seen in the latest 45798 stable . Why is 770 beta so important?

9 hours ago, rc1346 said:

Do you have any issues with the latest windows 10 update build 19041. It crashes randomly from time to time.

Thank you.

Who crashes - Windows? ... ;P  Try my LAA version...

On 6/28/2019 at 8:31 AM, rafi said:

Question is - how well does it work (on x64)? Can you see the memory (Process Explorer)  go over 1900M w/o any internal hard coded limit, and no hangup/crash?

On 10/12/2020 at 10:41 AM, rafi said:

Who crashes - Windows? ... ;P  Try my LAA version...

Google does not allow to download the LAA file anymore, says there's a virus there.

Can you create a LAA version of the latest beta? Because that's what I'm using.

------

Update: I managed to create an LAA version myself (there are tools available on the Internet, apparently.) It works beautifully. Suddenly, no crashes in 3 days and counting. Thanks for the great idea!

(I wish there was a native 64-bit version of uTorrent, though. C'mon, it's 21st century already.)

Edited by Bacc
Update on crash status

Hiding TronTV still makes the context menu appear directly after hiding, I reported this a long while back. Also TronTV reappears after scrolling the torrent list or clicking Upgrade to Pro. Is there a setting to hide this permanently? I've not found it..

On 10/16/2020 at 8:49 AM, Bacc said:

Google does not allow to download the LAA file anymore, says there's a virus there.

Can you create a LAA version of the latest beta? Because that's what I'm using.

------

Update: I managed to create an LAA version myself (there are tools available on the Internet, apparently.) It works beautifully. Suddenly, no crashes in 3 days and counting. Thanks for the great idea!

(I wish there was a native 64-bit version of uTorrent, though. C'mon, it's 21st century already.)

This is a false positive (likely due to a signature mismatch)... Google does issue a warning (only),  they are still offering an option to download it... :)

Edited by rafi

15 hours ago, rafi said:

This is a false positive (likely due to a signature mismatch)... Google does issue a warning (only),  they are still offering an option to download it... :)

I've not seen Google block the LAA, but MS Windows certainly has. I've allowed it through Windows Defender (itself a bit of a mission) but it can keep reminding of a PUA unless further steps are taken.

This is what I see when trying to download LAA file today:

image.thumb.png.cf35699233570636f5039288817a76a4.png

Couple days ago the stub was similar, but wording was about a virus. In either case, there does not seem to be a link to bypass the message and unblock the file.

Windows Defender does block uTorrent in general, regardless of patches. At least, that's what my experience was. However, LAA patch will make the file even less trustworthy (and rightfully so) because it breaks the digital signature.

9 hours ago, gjm said:

I've not seen Google block the LAA, but MS Windows certainly has. I've allowed it through Windows Defender (itself a bit of a mission) but it can keep reminding of a PUA unless further steps are taken.

Right, you can exclude it if needed in your A/V app, and also  *exclude* it Windows Security/Defender->Virus & threat protection settings -> exclusions ...

For now, I've added to the Google Drive link another host-site link..

Edited by rafi

Can we just take a second and reflect - those developing this app are doing so for little, if any, reward. Coming on here and shouting the odds, complaining, whining and whinging is hardly encouraging.

Constructive input with a full picture of situation is what is needed. Not cries of 'useless!'

We're fortunate to have access to cutting edge developments. Support that, don't disparage it.

There's a new beta 45818 out. No updated changelog, but it seems that the BTFS (BitTorrent File System (BTFS)) with the BTT-system (BitTorrent Tokens) is going live (some changed text). Before it was just announced, now seems to start active.