3.5.x Beta

TylerW

• 2 weeks later...

Previously, I said:  I also noticed that it did not seem to be necessary to zero-out the utorrentie.exe child helper - it exited cleanly without hanging this time...

It appears that's because it no longer launches the child processes, at least not at program launch like it did before.   AND,  it also no longer "likes" the zero-byte file in the "Updates" folder, instead always replacing it upon launch with a new fresh copy.   But as I said it doesn't seem to actually launch the child process.   Ok...

46514 seems ok upon initial examination, thanks...

Edited by javacatpaul
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible to get rid of the webview crap? it keeps running inthe BG and using valuable system resources EVEN while ut is not runing. If I uninstall it, it comes back again. I don't want that crap on my PC. I already have edge installed, why doesn't ut make use of it, instead of installing the webview junk????

Edited by jvidal

1 hour ago, jvidal said:

is it possible to get rid of the webview crap? it keeps running inthe BG and using valuable system resources EVEN while ut is not runing. If I uninstall it, it comes back again. I don't want that crap on my PC. I already have edge installed, why doesn't ut make use of it, instead of installing the webview junk????

Yes, search and rename "msedgewebview2.exe" to "_msedgewebview2.exe" ...