3.5.x Beta

TylerW

Build 46712 works for me, but not fully tested.

Bugs

- file association is broken.

- very slow download speed on test torrents (200+ seeds/peers. utorrent setting "Maximum number of connected peers per torrent" - 150+ ).

Bug fixed - wss://tracker.btorrent.xyz removed :)

Edited by BDFan
  • Sad 1

Hmm 3.5.5/3.5.6 is slow? I don't have anything special set.. my advanced options are just for the ads, everything else is default. I have some respectable values set similar to qBittorrent as far as connections per torrent and max values  go and with my cache settings everything is ticked except for specifying the cache which I've experimented with and it hasn't changed anything.

I just downloaded a torrent in utorrent and I could barely achieve 1MB/s, I switched it over to qBittorrent (same HDD) and it went over that multiple times within a few seconds. Something is seriously wrong. Rafi, do you know a build of uTorrent isn't completely borked? I think I'll just switch to that and never update uTorrent ever again.

Tried a bunch of different versions and all had issues connecting to a particular torrent I was testing.

Think I'll ditch my settings and reenter them at some point. Really hate that web installer btw.

Edited by Ryrynz

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 5:52 AM, BDFan said:

The second one is the official one... It does not serve a 16MB file... If it fails for you - no reason to post/share it

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FWIW, the std beta link today is returning 3.6.0.46790

it is packaged  differently than before and I did not investigate if you need to run it as a true installer or if you can just drop it into place manually [maybe either?]. 

If you are adventurous let us know...

Edited by javacatpaul
  • Like 1