3.5.x Beta

TylerW

Windows 10
3.5.3 Beta (build 44440)

I'm having a problem where, once the client has been running for some time, if I click on one of the toolbar headings, or right-click a torrent (for example) the application ceases to respond. It hangs, and does not recover - clicking the 'X' in the top right corner produces the windows 'application not responding' dialogue box and offers the choice of waiting, or closing the application.
Closing and reopening uTorrent sees an expected check of all active torrents before everything carries on as before.

I had this issue with whatever previous 3.5.3 beta build I was running, too.

Edit:  Please feel free to ignore this if appropriate - I'll add it to denywinarto's thread in the Issues sub-forum.

My mistake,  I was looking at the official (full) file...

BTW, I am trying now a new RSS downloader "replacement" - called: Medusa https://cdn.pymedusa.com/ 

It's actually pretty nice. I've added to it some new uTorrent related changes/fixes, that were embedded into the next release.  Also, added locally a min/max smart-file-size  filters too... Works great :)

Edited by rafi
  • Like 2

3.5.3.44472 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AA5E2E7EC4BED5F1452D1EDD191E7694A9BD8F70

Changelog:

Updates to the Privacy Policy for GDPR and adds additional Privacy tab in user settings to manage privacy settings.

Edited by mike20021969
Smaller Binary = 2.07 MB (2,172,600 bytes)
  • Thanks 1

As translator of utorrent I would like to see a quick update on µTS to include all the new text since build 43085 (which is the real outdated and last build there ...). Especially with the new privacy policy, license agreement and the european "General Data Protection Regulation" there needs to be translated text in mother tongue.

Otherwise I see problems coming ...

Edited by schnurlos

On 5/24/2018 at 4:52 PM, rafi said:

My mistake,  I was looking at the official (full) file...

BTW, I am trying now a new RSS downloader "replacement" - called: Medusa https://cdn.pymedusa.com/ 

It's actually pretty nice. I've added to it some new uTorrent related changes/fixes, that were embedded into the next release.  Also, added locally a min/max smart-file-size  filters too... Works great :)

Where do you go to actually download the frickin binaries? Github is a maze of source code and commits various links all over the show and no god damn executables. NVM found it.. https://github.com/pymedusa/MedusaInstaller/releases Why's it so out of date compared to the actual releases though? I guess it's all back end stuff.. I'll give it a shot, cheers.

Edited by Ryrynz

49 minutes ago, Ryrynz said:

Where do you go to actually download the frickin binaries? Github is a maze of source code and commits various links all over the show and no god damn executables. NVM found it.. https://github.com/pymedusa/MedusaInstaller/releases Why's it so out of date compared to the actual releases though? I guess it's all back end stuff.. I'll give it a shot, cheers.

There are no binaries... all python sources, and yeah, the easiest way about it  (first time) is to use the installer you mentioned...  Then you just update from the software. It is out of date, since it fetches for you the latest release from github (now should be 0.2.4). No need to update the installer for that... 

BTW, my mods are included only in their next release... So I can send you a copy of the changed files... :)

Edited by rafi
  • Like 1

Looks nice, laid out well.. It's my first time using an application like this for auto downloading so I got a lot to work out..

Only local drives are detected, my NAS drive doesn't show. Also setting up the directory for download is a bit weird, maybe make it so I can create a folder here? When I typed a folder name for creation it ended up saying it was unknown and didn't let me finish adding the show, so I went and created one via Explorer and clicked 'set default'

not sure if this is required at first or what, just seems like things could be a bit clearer here. Anyway, won't comment any more about it here, need to experiment, cheers.

I always used existing folders/shows so it even detected older episodes. Usually, it expects to specify an existing  root folder, and puts shows folder under it... No idea about NAS,  my external USB drive WAS shown, tho... 

3.5.3.44484 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5371CE5C48976E105EB7C7BF0E60C65F050533B9

Changelog:

Fix crash at startup on systems with broken .torrent associations

Modernize some legacy string formating functions

Edited by mike20021969
Smaller Binary = 2.07 MB (2,173,624 bytes)

Re: 44484: I initially got an unrecoverable error when installing - installer tried to do a full install not an upgrade.

Running the .exe file as administrator worked and upgraded to 44484, but then the installer tried to run again to do a full install (and obviously reported an extant, running version of 44484).
Might be just me, of course.

Edit:

I always shut uTorrent down correctly, but now whenever I open it, I get this message:

"A newer version of uTorrent, 3.5.3 build 44484 is already installed. Would you like to downgrade to 3.5.3 build 44472? Choose "No" to continue running uTorrent."

Probably easily resolved with an uninstall and fresh install.

Edited by gjm

• 2 weeks later...

3.5.4.44488 available:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3D6F9F1083AADC1453CC7BCD4D278A2DF43506E4

Binary Size: 1.91 MB (2,004,152 bytes)

Changelog:

• Fix a bug that would block some incoming WebUI connections
  • Guest accounts are now able to authenticate properly
  • Fix crash when cancelling an Android device pair request
  • Fix a potential hang when removing paired devices in Preferences
  • Fix a potential crash when updating WebUI tokens
  • Update text and proportions for the Device Pairing Dialog
  • Fix bug where the RSS Add Feed toolbar button would not show up for some users
  • Fix potential bug that could have allowed loss of data when saving resume.dat at shutdown

Apologies.
I may have misread the build.
However... When I tried to install 44488 (correct number this time!) I was advised it was already installed???
Possibly a recurrence of the loader/installer issue I experienced before?

3 minutes ago, mike20021969 said:

You maybe the victim/lucky recipient of an auto update: Preferences>General>Updates?

Interesting...

The whole updates area is greyed out. Automatically update is ticked, update to Beta versions is blank (so why would I receive a Beta???), and 'Notify' is also blank.
Previously I have always had 'Automatic' blank, update to Betas ticked, and (most definitely!) 'Notify' was ticked.

However, I did download @rafi's config file, so perhaps that has had this effect?

On 6/20/2018 at 8:18 PM, rafi said:

just check the date of that old exe file, see when  it was installed...

The installation date matches the release of 44488, so the settings aren't applying quite correctly. More relevantly perhaps, I can't change the settings as they are greyed out?

Automatically install is ticked. Update to beta, and Notify are not. The whole updates section is greyed out and cannot be altered through the interface. I suspect this is a development config (which is fine. Happy to help!)

(I suspect these settings are form @rafi's .dat file as I have never selected auto updates, and always select notify!

So - yes. My client has auto-updated.

[Note - I am unable to upload images of any size.]

Edited by gjm