i can't download nothing after a virus

aipc

What keys are you talking about? Just save your apps/data folder what your data and settings are kept and just copy it back after reinstalling utorrent then your settings will remain but any torrents downloaded and not saved will be gone though. Virus problems aren't utorrent help area.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:24 PM, PiusX said:

What keys are you talking about? Just save your apps/data folder what your data and settings are kept and just copy it back after reinstalling utorrent then your settings will remain but any torrents downloaded and not saved will be gone though. Virus problems aren't utorrent help area.

How can i do that ?

Best Regards

If you don't know where your appdata/utorrent is then any help we give will not help you. That data save is in your users/name/appdata/roaming/utorrent. If you don't copy this folder and save it when you reinstall utorrent you will loose all download info and also you need to save any torrents that you were still download to a location that can backup the data then you will start from "0" for download.

• 1 month later...

After reinstalling I continue with the same problem. I recover all my downloads but almost at the same instant with Super Anti spyware receive notice of a lot of new adware. after a while with adwcleaner some viruses and with anti malwarebytes the same.

I uninstall with the help of Revo Uninstaller to make certain of a good uninstall.

So I decided to give a try to Deluge, and after Vuze. Finally I have adopted Vuze with good results. I will come back to uTorrent in a few weeks when I recover my lost confidence in the environment. I have no viruses according to the antivirus suite and other measures.

On 4/24/2017 at 2:28 AM, aipc said:

After reinstalling I continue with the same problem. Super Anti spyware

FYI this is the start of your problem I put little faith in that program to do it work. I use Defender and have no problems with utorrent. That program is sorely outdated and there are more reliable ones.

Here's what someone said and it was just in 2015:

It used to be way better back in the days, but it seems like it can't compete anymore with modern Anti-Malware solutions like Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Archived