Automaticly sort torrents by maximum possible download speed

JohSeg

Hi,

I want to have the opotion to automaticly increase/decrease the number of active torrents on the basis of the maximum possible download speed for each of them. If I have ten torrents in the queue and the total download speed for this ten are less than, say 700 kB/s (setable), all ten will download parallelly. But if one (or more) of them together can be downloaded faster than 700 kB/s the number of active torrents should decrease to them. By this way the torrents with tha fastest possible download speed (one or more together over 700 kB/s) will be downloaded first (serially) and then the slower ones of the queued torrents parallelly.

TIA and have a nice day...

One thing you should do is click on OPTIONS  then SETUP GUIDE then RUN TESTS.

When on WIFI, my settings are automatically configured for 5 max downloads, but when on hard wired Ethernet, the tests put me at 15 max downloads.

Generally, the SPEED of the download is dictated by the server (who you are downloading it from).  You can right click on torrents and change the bandwidth allocation, and also change the priority of specific files. 

”the SPEED of the download is dictated by the server”: I know that. My ISP can only afford ≈ 15 Mbps. If I have 10 torrents in the que I want to reserve this to the fastest downloads one by one (serial mode) and when they are fineshed the rest, slow ones, can be downloaded in parallel mode. In that way the fastest server allocates maximum bandwidth and the download will be finished faster than if it should share the bandwidth with several other torrents.

Archived