Removed (not deleted) files gone, so is the hdd space

bornred

Hello, i have a problem with my 2.2.1. utorrent. It has worked perfectly for the last 3 years (maybe its not even utorrent problem), but now in the last week i had a weird problem when removing a torrent from my list - it happened twice (a 10.9gb movie and 1.7gb tv series). So after i finish seeding i removed it from my torrent list and closed the program but only "remove" not the "remove and" option, after doing that i wanted to copy the files to my flash drive and the files were gone and i did not get my space on hdd back, it is like they are still somewhere on my pc. Ofc i did search for the files on my hdd, tried full name, partial name, double checked tmp folders, most used folders, nearest folders..files seem to be gone and so is the space on my hdd. I also checked for viruses and malware, ran my ccleaner, defragmented my hdd, checked disc for errors.. nothing..does anyone know what happened, how can i find the files or get my space on disc back, cuz for my 230gb disc 12.6gb is a lot and if it happened 2x i guess it will happen again?

found the files, with a program called spacesniffer, they were in C:\Users\put your username here\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent   one was in folder "7" one in folder called "se" idk how they got there or why, but i finally found them :D

Archived