zqslzwzw

Error "Access is denied" cause by corrupted task information

I have updated my utorrent to version 3.4.9.43388 recently. From over 100 torrents to download, there are always a few ones running into error "Access is denied" (disk write) sometimes. Re-checking these task can NOT solve this problem as the exactly same error repeats soon after these tasks are resumed. Even more, similar errors may occur during re-checking as fig.1 shows.

58e3d347db06e_2.accessisdenied.png.cf12b57e57e005fbb4304ce0fe97d89b.png

I turn to many sites to find the reason, and somebody says that it is necessary to run utorrent as administrator. However, this method does not work and no other effective solution is found.

Tonight, I occasionally find that this error on my computer is caused by corrupted task information.

58e3d3424c91f_3.aftererroroccurs.png.5ffbb5d622236985009adb13163bc164.png

The correct information of the file in the uncovered line in this task/torrent is "Sample\La.Sample.mkv" with the file size of 46.1M. However, when the error "Access is denied" occurs, the information of this file name runs into corrupted as shown in the above figure 2. On this occasion, re-checking the torrent is useless and the only solution is deleting and reload this torrent .

This error is not alone. I will follow this error and give further report as soon as new clue is discovered.

3 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

What antivirus, firewall and media indexer software do you use?

Only these components of windows 10 are used. In early days, I have turned off these components for test, but the problem continues.

I have found more cases that the name(s) of a file not located in root of torrent run into error. The common circumstance is that all the files are there, but the information of torrents in utorrent is corrupt (from the detailed view tab, file name is missed, and only parent path is remained).

the normal state:

58e44a74d6a2e_1.beforeerroroccurs-2.png.dd16cab7ebac0cf2b76ebf3aa3a25178.png

The corrupt state:

58e44b114506b_3.aftererroroccurs.png.8629be072b6a28d1dff4de5756cec470.png

Edited by zqslzwzw

This is a "known" problem-bug, and has to do with uT not parsing well torrents when  a sub-directory is being used in the *first* file (block 0). It is not clear what triggers it, but seems to be OK when you do not  do any op on  that torrent (except download it )...

A w/a is to exit/restart uT and then recheck.

Edited by rafi

" exit/restart uT and then recheck " ,,
Nope, sorry, that does not work.   Can't stop, force start, or force check after restarting uT... same as before exiting uT.

What did just work for me: 
1--Removed the torrent from active -- Right Click > Remove -- but not the torrent file or the data.
2--Reloaded the torrent file (select, enter) and tell it to use the data already saved.
3--Let it check the data and it resumed.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dbkh

7 hours ago, dbkh said:

Nope, sorry, that does not work.

It might not have worked for you.

This thread is over 16 months old, and zqslzwzw's problem is most likely resolved by now, via the workaround, anyway...

Edited by mike20021969

dbhk was kind enough to share his solution, so thanks! For me, it worked with only restarting uT...

And sadly, the problem is not resolved.

Edited by rafi