List of seeds/peers not updated

Boulder

Since it seems that I cannot move or delete my own posts, I'll repost this one here since it's a bug.

uTorrent shows in the tracker details for a stopped torrent that scraping has returned seeds and peers, but the amount is not shown in the torrent list. The status has been "updating..." for at least 30 minutes now. All my paused torrents are shown as "updating..." and 9 out of 70 has the correct amount of seeds and peers shown in the torrent list. The rest show it only in the tracker details. I can make some stopped torrents show the correct amount by using Update tracker on them.

I'm running uTorrent v3.5 build 43580 on Win7 SP1 x64.

seeds.png

Kind of interesting that the support here is non-existing. Well, to help you out, I did some testing and found out that the last version which updates the information correctly for all my torrents (which are almost 500) is v3.0 build 26473.

Both are at default values; gui.update_rate is 1000 and net.low_cpu is false.

Some more information: after starting uTorrent, the stopped torrents are supposedly all scraped. When clicking on some torrent that does not show the correct amount of seeds or peers (i.e. shows just zero) in the tracker tab you very briefly see "scraping..." followed by "scrape ok" after which the values update in the table in the tracker tab. The values still do not appear in the torrent list.

When clicking on a torrent which already shows a correct value in the list, the tracker tab already has the "scrape ok" information in it.

Yes, an old behavior. No idea if there are any real intentions to fix it, since it does not sound a "blocker" to me... just a combination of GUI issue and scrape book-keeping ...

You can notice also that the context menu in that trackers tab fail as well with showing correctly the "checked" items...

What I don't understand is why this behaviour affects only some torrents, and definitely ones from certain private trackers. The funny thing is that the same happens also with qBittorrent. Do they share some parts of libtorrent, I don't know.

I think this is a blocker if incorrect values are being used to determine which torrents to seed and which ones to put to the queue. Also it's impossible to tell which torrent to download next without keeping the Tracker tab open and browsing through the list of stopped, non-complete torrents.

Archived