Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leafster

Files problem

I've got problem with my files that i download with my torrents - i can't open them. There is always that error. 

"a required privilege is not held by the client"

That pop-up started showing up when i downloaded my AV, but I've got this problem only with files that i get from torrent.

I have Windows 8.1

Torrent version 3.5 (build 43580)

7 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

Does the problem persist if you temporarily uninstall kaspersky?

Yes, i uninstalled Kaspersky, reinstalled Torrent and redownload the file - still the same issue.

5 hours ago, PiusX said:

Then it means the torrent file itself has some problem and nothing utorrent can do about it.

all of them? You're saying that EVERY TORRENT in this world have a problem?

On 4/19/2017 at 5:28 PM, leafster said:

"a required privilege is not held by the client"

Anytime I see this it's the file itself of the location your getting from that is the cause of the problem or your A/V as mentioned has corrupted a Sys file or possible you got a virus through the torrent you downloaded that is using this line to prevent you from seeing what it is doing. In all my times of torrents anytime I get a message like that I look to see if the file wasn't corrupted or has a malware embedded into it. If this didn't happen before but just started happening then I would suspect where the torrents are as the likely culprit. But since Kapersky is undetermined then a clean restore and reinstall is the only way to know where the problem is coming from.