Stopped torrents that cannot be removed or restarted, stuck in the program

icebox

Using 3.5 build 43580, but this error started several builds back on 3.4.9. 

I've been having the problem that some, but not all stopped torrents become zombies.  They do not have anything in the details tab, nor the files tab, nor the tracker tab, nothing in any tab on the bottom, though metadata in the top window for the torrent is still there and appears accurate.  These torrents cannot be deleted, or restarted.  They also do not show up in the count of torrents in the left box, e.g., I've got a label, let's called it "torrentsitex" and there are 6 torrents there, but only a (2) next to the name, the other 4 are zombies.  I've got close to 100 of these, and these are not torrents I had tried to delete when this happened.  It happens apparently randomly.   If I try to reload the torrent manually, I get the "add trackers to the torrent?" message, say yes, and nothing happens.  No activity attempted on the content files (which are still present and OK), works.  I don't get this, I suspect its some problem with the resume file, but how can this be corrected?

What do you want to see? I think I explained the problem fairly well.  basically a torrent that when highlighted, doesn't respond to any menu choice, or right menu choice, and has blank details on the bottom screen. A static screen shot is only going to show you a tiny sliver of what's described.

Edit: When the program restarts, a handful of these are properly found by the program, and can be deleted or restarted.  At the current rate (3 to 7 at a time at each restart), it'll take about 20 restarts for this to be "solved".

Archived