Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dhruvdave

Skipped files downloaded

12 posts in this topic

Skipped files are downloaded it happens if pause a file and resume back.It starts downloading the whole file.The selected size go backs to total size

Edited by Dhruvdave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is not happening for me using 3.5.0.43784 beta.

Example:

Torrent contains 38 files.

Deselect all but one.

File start downloading. Priority "normal". Others "skip".

Right-click on downloading torrent>Pause.

Click Start icon. Just the selected file downloads. All others are still "skip" priority and don't download.

Edited by mike20021969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mike20021969 said:

That is not happening for me using 3.5.0.43784 beta.

Example:

Torrent contains 38 files.

Deselect all but one.

File start downloading. Priority "normal". Others "skip".

Right-click on downloading torrent>Pause.

Click Start icon. Just the selected file downloads. All others are still "skip" priority and don't download.

I am using latest stable version.The file size is 28gb i selected 9gb files it downloading normally and now i paused it and after resuming it goes back to 28gb selected files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running as administrator solved the problem i am using Windows 7 64bit.Thanks for help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 4:31 PM, mike20021969 said:

What is the priority of files which shouldn't be downloading?

It happens only when you  pause a torrent and exit and start utorrent it starts downloading skipped files .This bug has been reported earlier also

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dhruvdave said:

It happens only when you  pause a torrent and exit and start utorrent it starts downloading skipped files .This bug has been reported earlier also

For me, even after pausing the torrent, exiting uTorrent then launching uTorrent:

I note that the torrent remains Paused.

Clicking on the Start icon, only the selected files continue to download.

The rest of the files have skip priority and do not download. I tested using a 1GB torrent with 59 files.

Using 3.5.0.43804 this time.

After saying that, you previously said on May 11, "Running as administrator solved the problem".

Edited by mike20021969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/5/2017 at 2:42 PM, mike20021969 said:

For me, even after pausing the torrent, exiting uTorrent then launching uTorrent:

I note that the torrent remains Paused.

Clicking on the Start icon, only the selected files continue to download.

The rest of the files have skip priority and do not download. I tested using a 1GB torrent with 59 files.

Using 3.5.0.43804 this time.

After saying that, you previously said on May 11, "Running as administrator solved the problem".

I have not tested this way so i sad it has solved the problem.If you want i can paste screenshot.What are your settings

Edited by Dhruvdave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dhruvdave said:

What are your settings

Hmmm, now this is bizarre. What I previously said appears to now not work. A single file DID download after starting the paused torrent.

But I was just about to upload my settings when I tested again just to make sure it would work as I had said.

No matter what, the files showing "skip" priority are downloading now i.e. the whole torrent. (Only when you Stop then Start torrent, the single file downloads on it own as it should).

I must've had 2 glitches. Strange...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

Hmmm, now this is bizarre. What I previously said appears to now not work. A single file DID download after starting the paused torrent.

But I was just about to upload my settings when I tested again just to make sure it would work as I had said.

No matter what, the files showing "skip" priority are downloading now i.e. the whole torrent. (Only when you Stop then Start torrent, the single file downloads on it own as it should).

I must've had 2 glitches. Strange...

Thats what i have said.I hope it gets fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen this happen in two instances with torrents that the user has selected parts of:

1. If uTorrent is exited while torrents are paused, upon restarting uTorrent and resuming the torrents, all memory of which parts were selected is lost.

2. If the location of .torrent files is changed and the user moves .torrent files to the new location in the mistaken belief that uTorrent will look there for the .torrent files associated with existing torrents, uTorrent won't find them there even if "force recheck" is performed. Even if the .torrent file is restored to the correct location and uTorrent restarted, all memory of the selected files is lost.

I believe that problems like this after a crash or a user moving files without understanding the details of uTorrent are a major reason that most torrent lifetimes are measured in weeks. Any effort to make uTorrent more resilient to such events will be greatly appreciated by the user community.

Edited by Shinelikethunder
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 4:48 AM, Shinelikethunder said:

I have seen this happen in two instances with torrents that the user has selected parts of:

1. If uTorrent is exited while torrents are paused, upon restarting uTorrent and resuming the torrents, all memory of which parts were selected is lost.

2. If the location of .torrent files is changed and the user moves .torrent files to the new location in the mistaken belief that uTorrent will look there for the .torrent files associated with existing torrents, uTorrent won't find them there even if "force recheck" is performed. Even if the .torrent file is restored to the correct location and uTorrent restarted, all memory of the selected files is lost.

I believe that problems like this after a crash or a user moving files without understanding the details of uTorrent are a major reason that most torrent lifetimes are measured in weeks. Any effort to make uTorrent more resilient to such events will be greatly appreciated by the user community.

Rightly said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0