Utorrent opens but no torrents in iface/app?

idance4upgrades

Hi guys, Wow its been ten years since I was last on here i cannot for the life of me remember my old UN ect, Oh well anyways I have got utorrent open and when I click on a magnate link or on the "Download Torrent" icon/option nothing happens apart from the prog boots? No files are present in the utorrent prog? ive tried almost every browser going and uninstalled Utorrent and even gone as far as installing Avast and it Still isnt DL any torrents? My slave pc which I DL torrents on was formatted today so everything is new/fresh? The only thing I can think it is that I havent updated the OS with windows? could it be this? I am on my main PC now which is fully updated and it does the same on that? Its really strange so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

torrent SS.JPG

8 hours ago, idance4upgrades said:

Hi guys, Wow its been ten years since I was last on here i cannot for the life of me remember my old UN ect, Oh well anyways I have got utorrent open and when I click on a magnate link or on the "Download Torrent" icon/option nothing happens apart from the prog boots? No files are present in the utorrent prog? ive tried almost every browser going and uninstalled Utorrent and even gone as far as installing Avast and it Still isnt DL any torrents? My slave pc which I DL torrents on was formatted today so everything is new/fresh? The only thing I can think it is that I havent updated the OS with windows? could it be this? I am on my main PC now which is fully updated and it does the same on that? Its really strange so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

torrent SS.JPG

What site are you talking about? If no one can go there to test to see if what happens as you mentioned then no one can know what is going on. Also what version of utorrent are you using as well and what A/V program is running?

Hi Guys! Many thanks to you all, "DreadWingKnight" got it right what happened and ill put on here for anyone else who has this issue is simple, The tickbox was unchecked on the "Check association on startup" So what you do to sort this out is to do the following:

Options
preferences
general
Tick "Check association on startup"

Presto! thats all that was the matter but it was causing the program to not work as it should, a BIG thank you to you all and especially "DreadWingKnight

Have a fantastic day guys...

I seem to have a similar problem.  When I click on a magnet link, Utorrent activates.  The file list/names/locations window does not appear.  The torrent is not added to the list.  Copying the link address and using "add from URL" has the same result.  If I try the same link again, it tells me it's already in the list, asking if I want to load trackers.  It's not visible in the Torrents list, regardless of sorting or sub-list selection.

There's no sign of appropriate download activity on the status bar (while usual on-going upload rates remain normal).

The "check association on startup" remains checked.  I verified it in Windows associations.  I reloaded Utorrent.  Nothing makes any difference.

It started happening suddenly, a couple weeks or so ago, when I clicked on a magnet link.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but that doesn't fix mine.  Symptoms seem the same, so I made sure the "check association on startup" box was checked, but no torrent shows up in the list.  
The strange part is that when I try to click on the same magnet link again, it tells me it's already in my list, though it never appears in the list!

I'm stumped.

Archived