Command Line Options

vze2mp9g

1 hour ago, vze2mp9g said:

Can you enlighten me on what the command line options are?

Everything you're asking is available in µTorrent's user manual (press F1, or Help>µTorrent Help), you know?

You can find it under Appendix B: Advanced Information.

Here's an online version: http://www.netcheif.com/Articles/uTorrent/html/AppendixB_04.html

Yes, I know there is a help file (F1), but since it has not been updated in a few years, the command line options might have changed, added a few more or completely removed. Any how, thank you for informing me where to find what I was looking for and that info is still good.

Does anyone know what the latest BETA version available? I haven't seen an update in almost a month now.

Thanks again!  :)

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2017 at 0:42 AM, rafi said:

There seems not to be *any* beta now... Someone must be thinking that there are no bugs, and no need for new features/improvements...

OR, that they are cooking something else in their oven...

That's a nice though!

rafi, didn't you use to do the updating of the help file?  Won't the developers give you any code so you can update the help file? I use to do a similar function like that when I worked at the Philadelphia Stock Exchange in the administration offices in the early 1990's. The developers would give me some of the source code and I would use their comments to write up user guides on how to use the systems.

Thanks

Yes, I did, but w/o source code, only lots of experience with the app, and Q&As with the devs..

Come to think of it, what do you think has changed (functionally) since that last version of the help? Nothing much IMHO...

On 7/25/2017 at 11:41 PM, rafi said:

Yes, I did, but w/o source code, only lots of experience with the app, and Q&As with the devs..

Come to think of it, what do you think has changed (functionally) since that last version of the help? Nothing much IMHO...

Nothing MAJOR has changed, but all the little twerks and changes. Like appending the labels to the torrents, and under Preferences in Advanced, there has been a lot of changes, for example,  some stuff has been taken out and new stuff put in. Also, the "Secrete" hidden settings when you hold down the shift control key under Preferences (I'm not sure if that's the correct key combination). Small stuff like that.

Does anyone know why the developers won't allow anyone to update the HELP file? Is there some top secrete with uT that the competitors might steal or put a feature in one of the FREE Bit Torrent Clients? uT has come a long ways and it's more stable than it ever was, its not perfect, but it does what it says it does with little crashes, if used correctly.

Appending label - is there (under Directories). Whatever what removed and still is there - cannot harm much...  I don't think anyone will  block you form updating the help, and sent it to the devs... The new stuff - is the real issue, and I do not think there is much of it...

And, "Secrets" (like ctrl-shift-F2->advanced) should  stay secrets... ;)

Archived