Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul501

Rechecking Files after reboot?

I'm on uTorrnetPro 3.5 (42804).    When I notice that uTorrent has some files that won't seed; I to a File-> Exit or just hit the "X" in the upper right corner; then I do a proper Shutdown.

When I reboot and restart uTorrent; somewhere in-between 200-600 files queue up to "recheck" and frequently I'm missing like 100K to 2M of any given file. (most re-check just fine as 100% complete)  Of these 200-600 files; none were downloading at the time of shut down and were 100% complete.

Its a i5v4 Proc; 16GB RAM; uTorrent is installed on the Boot drive; and the share drive is on a RAID enclosure. CHKDSK and other utilities don't find any errors on the RAID drive;   From reading the forum's uTorrent seemingly isn't writing its save/resume file correctly.    

What can I check/do/etc to prevent this from repeatedly occurring.  

As a side note - is there a practical limit to how much uTorrent can share/load? (Reason I ask is it take around 5 minutes before uTorrent loads after reboot before it starts rechecking the files)

ITs a Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 attached via USB 3.0.  Would attaching it eSATA make a difference?  There are 4 x 8TB drives in R5.  Approximately 5000 seeded files at around 18TB capacity; Windows 10 Pro;

After closing uTorrent is there a way to check/confirm that the save/resume file has been properly written/closed?    

As uTorrent is doing a re-check of the files now; some were completed in the past day; some are as old as 2 months;  Some of them are small (100MB) some of the files are insanely large (100GB)