Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XP1

Hidden stuck torrent bug after exiting while magnet URI still loading

Recommended Posts

Hidden stuck torrent bug after exiting while magnet URI still loading

1) Click on a magnet URI (with 0 peers and 0 seeds for best result).
2) While the magnet is still loading (cannot load with 0 peers) with "Add New Torrent" window still open, go to File > Exit.
3) After µTorrent exits, re-open µTorrent.
4) Try to add magnet URI again. Impossible because torrent is already added and hidden from the torrent list and cannot be removed.

Quote

 

[Window Title]
μTorrent

[Main Instruction]
The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?

[Yes] [No]

 

 

µTorrent 3.5 43804 32-bit

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can remove it via the Sidebar column.

If not already visible, then Press F7. Alternatively, Options>Show Sidebar.

Check under Labels>(click on) Hidden.

The torrent (magnet) will now be showing in µTorrent's main window. Right-click on it>Remove, or Remove And>Delete .torrent/Delete torrent & data + Data/Delete Data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

You can remove it via the Sidebar column.

If not already visible, then Press F7. Alternatively, Options>Show Sidebar.

Check under Labels>(click on) Hidden.

The torrent (magnet) will now be showing in µTorrent's main window. Right-click on it>Remove, or Remove And>Delete .torrent/Delete torrent & data + Data/Delete Data.

Thanks. I didn't know that it would be added to hidden label.

Very weird. Why should exiting result in adding the torrent? Shouldn't the expected behavior be to cancel? It makes sense because the user didn't click "OK" in the "Add New Torrent" window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XP1 said:

Why should exiting result in adding the torrent? Shouldn't the expected behavior be to cancel? It makes sense because the user didn't click "OK" in the "Add New Torrent" window.

"The user" didn't click Cancel either.

But why would you do File>Exit after adding the magnet link when the Add New Torrent dialogue window was open? That doesn't make any sense at all.

So unless you click Cancel, uTorrent must assume you WANT to add the torrent.

"OK" is just for confirming your file selections/options within the Add New Torrent dialog window after torrent data has been retrieved, and then for the contents within that torrent to then start downloading.

I do wonder why it is under Labels>Hidden though. Under Torrents would be more appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

But why would you do File>Exit after adding the magnet link when the Add New Torrent dialogue window was open? That doesn't make any sense at all.

So unless you click Cancel, uTorrent must assume you WANT to add the torrent.

I clicked on a bunch of magnet URIs because I wanted to see the file listing, so I had a bunch of "Add New Torrent" windows open at the same time. Instead of clicking "Cancel" on all of them, it is way easier to File > Exit.

The bug only affects magnet URIs. If you try the same with a torrent file, the torrent does not get added to the torrent list, which I think is the correct behavior when exiting. Clicking the "X" button or File > Exit should be analogous to cancel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uTorrent places all Add New Torrent windows "on top of each other", so you can only deal with one Add New Torrent window at a time (i.e. OK or Cancel). You HAVE to move each window (by clicking & dragging), so just how difficult is it to click on OK or Cancel as well...? :D

So it sounds like you added a whole load of magnet links then just decided to File>Exit without viewing the contents as your intention was...

Anyway, each user chooses how they want to use a program.

Maybe someone in the know can confirm whether adding un-downloaded magnet links to Labels>Hidden is an actual bug or by design...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites