Junior & mAqua icons & toolbar themes

FOOOD

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's because µtorrent does not use the same icon format as windows would normally pick from the available formats. The icon file needs to be modified to contain only the format(s) you want displayed.

Do you mean that (in the new version) when you select a custom icon for the taskbar/system tray the icon should only have the 16x16 size?

If so then that is no problem to make an icon like that yes.gif

were not sure if windows doesnt do alpha in notify or somet else

Yea, they do support 32 bit icons (with alpha transparency).

Do you mean that (in the new version) when you select a custom icon for the taskbar/system tray the icon should only have the 16x16 size?

If so then that is no problem to make an icon like that yes.gif

Yeah, that's right Foood. The system tray icon is 16 x 16 pixels, as is the main program icon in the top left hand corner. Nice work on your icons.

I just ended up taking the 16x16 format and making a new icon out of it containing only that size. It looks great :) Thanks again, Foood.

Sounds good smile.gif

I hope they make it so that you can use any icon (not just icons with the 16x16 size only) & it will automatically use the 16x16 size. Most people won't know too much about making specific icons for the taskbar/system tray, so it could be confusing.

That's because µtorrent does not use the same icon format as windows would normally pick from the available formats. The icon file needs to be modified to contain only the format(s) you want displayed.

If so then that is no problem to make an icon like that

It's not true - different sizes are supported. However - the first icon should be 16x16px (default is 128*128px). See the illustration below:

uttrayicon8lv.th.gif

It's not true - different sizes are supported. However - the first icon should be 16x16px (default is 128*128px). See the illustration below:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3977/uttrayicon8lv.th.gif

Eh? We're not saying other sizes aren't supported. Were saying that the icons didplayed in the taskbar/system tray are 16x16, so should display the 16x16 size from the chosen icon. Rearranging the order of the icon might work, but it shouldn't be the correct way of changing the icons in uT. Hopefully they'll fix it so that when you sleect an icon to be used it automatically uses the 16x16 size from the icon.

Absolutely. The general public is going to have a hard enough time just figuring out how to get the icons to display. If this isn't fixed then skin authors are going to have to release separate icons just for main/tray, and that's a pain. Maybe there should be a new thread made for discussing this in bug reports?

Eh? We're not saying other sizes aren't supported. Were saying that the icons didplayed in the taskbar/system tray are 16x16, so should display the 16x16 size from the chosen icon. Rearranging the order of the icon might work, but it shouldn't be the correct way of changing the icons in uT. Hopefully they'll fix it so that when you sleect an icon to be used it automatically uses the 16x16 size from the icon.

FOOOD my friend, i think you just need to disable the "Image order compatible with Windows Explorer" in IW. ;)

Anyway I agree with you, the program should select automatically the better format for the tray (e.g. 24x24 if necessary).

Kind Regards

hi,

i'd like the blue junior icon in my systray and window's task bar, how would i go about doing that?

did foood do an icon for that ?

if you want to use the same icon in both utorrent window and in the system tray, do this =

1. Make two copies of the icon

2. Name them main.ico and tray.ico

3. Put them here = %appdata%\uTorrent (copy this to explorers adress bar and press enter)

Could someone post a .ico with just 16x16' date=' preferably the black one? Or is there a free icon editor available?[/quote']

http://www.icon-editor.net/iconmaker.exe

just open the .ico with this program and make the 16x16 size be the first (right panel)

btw, impressive job FOOOD :D

Perfect! Thank you very much for the link! And thanks again FOOOD for these icons.

hi' date='

i'd like the blue junior icon in my systray and window's task bar, how would i go about doing that?

did foood do an icon for that ?[/quote']

if you want to use the same icon in both utorrent window and in the system tray, do this =

1. Make two copies of the icon

2. Name them main.ico and tray.ico

3. Put them here = %appdata%\uTorrent (copy this to explorers adress bar and press enter)

thanks boo

Archived