Junior & mAqua icons & toolbar themes

FOOOD

in case anyone is wondering why the .ico files dont work in their Windows explorer, here's a little something i found on google:

.ico files do not display correctly any more

Chances are, you installed a program that modified the association for ico files

and then did not restore that association properly (or at all) when you removed it.

1. Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

2. Open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT (HKCR) key.

3. Scroll down to the .ico key. If it exists, skip to step 6.

4. Create an .ico key.

5. Set the default value to "icofile" (without quotes).

6. Scroll down to the key whose name matches the default value in HKCR\.ico.

7. If that key exists, skip to step 11.

8. Create that key (HKCR\icofile).

9. Set the default value to "Icon File" (without quotes).

10. Create a new key under \icofile called "DefaultIcon" (without quotes).

11. Modify the default value under HKCR\icofile\DefaultIcon to "%1" (without quotes).

12. Close regedit.

Change takes place immediately. Display may not refresh until reboot, however. TweakUI's

Rebuild Icons will force an immediate refresh.

from http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/1014649572

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could someone post a .ico with just 16x16' date=' preferably the black one? Or is there a free icon editor available?[/quote']

http://www.icon-editor.net/iconmaker.exe

just open the .ico with this program and make the 16x16 size be the first (right panel)

btw, impressive job FOOOD :D

That one looks like a limited-time trial download, unfortunately...

I went searching for a free program to modify Blackice's icon. For some reason nothing I tried opened the stupid thing properly (Gimp chops off the 16x16 version, LiquidIcon displays a mess, GoldIcon wouldn't recognize it as a valid file, Clic couldn't even open ico files... Oh, and Paint and Irfanview can't resave the transparency properly). I finally found @icon sushi, which seems to do the job :) There's even a zipped no-install version, a la µTorrent ^_^

I've now updated the icons to include the 16x16 main & tray icons for uTorrent mAqua & uTorrent junior smile.gif

Download again for the new files:

Download

(Instructions in the Readme file on how to change them).

If you want to strip out the other icon sizes from other app icons, to leave only the 16x16 size for the tray icon here's what I'd recommend:

Download the 'for icons' version of GIF Movie Gear

Open up whichever main icon you'd like to turn into the tray icon with GIF Movie Gear.

Select the larger sizes you want to remove (hold down the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple sizes) & hit the delete button.

Go to File> Save As, name the icon tray.ico & select 'Windows icon (.ico)' as the file type.

Then place the icon files in the 'Documents and Settings\'username'\Application Data\uTorrent' folder.

oh i just deleted my previous post accidentally because it was shown twice here, then i deleted the second one and the first one got deleted too

guess this forum is a little buggy :P

edit: it happened again, is anyone else seen two of this post? (i know it is not really the right topic, but i just need one to confirm it so i can report a bug...)

edit2: 1c3d0g: thx, i'll try that next time it happens =)

anyway, that post is still in the quotes :D

and Zygi, i agree with u, that mAqua looks even nicer

Just crop the image and save it as .bmp.

You serious? O.o It's not that simple... even if you rearrange the buttons to fit the template and change the background color to hot pink for transparency, you wouldn't have the alpha-blending. The icon edges would look all crusty against different toolbar colors.

I've now updated the icons to include the 16x16 main & tray icons for uTorrent mAqua & uTorrent junior http://www.foood.net/images/other/smilies/smile.gif

Download again for the new files:

Download

(Instructions in the Readme file on how to change them).

If you want to strip out the other icon sizes from other app icons, to leave only the 16x16 size for the tray icon here's what I'd recommend:

Download the 'for icons' version of GIF Movie Gear

Open up whichever main icon you'd like to turn into the tray icon with GIF Movie Gear.

Select the larger sizes you want to remove (hold down the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple sizes) & hit the delete button.

Go to File> Save As, name the icon tray.ico & select 'Windows icon (.ico)' as the file type.

Then place the icon files in the 'Documents and Settings\'username'\Application Data\uTorrent' folder.

Alright, thanks FOOOD, these are MUCH clearer!!

Could you submit these icons in 256x256 PNG format to WinCustomize.com for objectdock? The only utorrent icon there is a lousy one based of the homepage graphic... This one is much better!

If you give me permission, I can upload them if you don't have an account there... but I don't wanna overstep any bounds :)

i realy miss that mAqua first one

c-1.jpg

this one wasn't released with the rest, IMO is lot better then mAqua coloured released. Hell yeah even the author himself said he like this one ;)

Yea, I still like those. I thought it would be nice to release those for the OS X version of uT (if it ever happens). Maybe I'll finish them off & release them for the PC version smile.gif

hi foood

if i change to the grey/silver task bar color i would love a set red µt icons to go with it. think its possible to make a set ?

No, I don't have any plans to make a red version.

Could you submit these icons in 256x256 PNG format to WinCustomize.com for objectdock? The only utorrent icon there is a lousy one based of the homepage graphic... This one is much better!

I don't see the point? Docks support icons (.ico format).

Anyone can just take the icons & use them with the dock programs (MobyDock, Y'z Dock, RK Launcher, ObjectDock etc. )

i guess its too much work to change blue to red. i'll just set a few months asside to learn photoshop or whatever to change just 1 little icon's color.

It's no trouble at all. I just don't like the idea of a red only set, so won't be making it. I make & release whatever I want to, not whatever I'm told/asked to.

You're free to make & release your own red set (as long as it's all your own work).

I made the icons in Illustrator, not Photoshop tongue.gif

how do you install the icons?

if you want to use the same icon in both utorrent window and in the system tray, do this =

1. Make two copies of the icon

2. Name them main.ico and tray.ico

3. Put them here = %appdata%\uTorrent (copy this to explorers adress bar and press enter)

Archived