Upload speed limit does not work

Ross Dorn

I have set the upload speed limit to 100kbs but utorrent ignores that totally and keeps on uploading at high speeds.

For the purpose of testing I have set it to upload 10kbs max and it still ignores it, uploafs at 200 but downloads only at 25kbs!

What is wrong? RD

Speed limiting (up or down) works fine for me using 3.5.0.43916.

How are trying to limit the speed: right-clicking on the torrent>Bandwidth Allocation>Set Download (or Upload) Limit, via Preferences>Bandwidth or both?

Also, your right-click on torrent options will be limited to what the Global upload & download rates are set to. You wont be able to set a value higher than Global rates,

2 hours ago, Ross Dorn said:

I have set the upload speed limit to 100kbs but utorrent ignores that totally and keeps on uploading at high speeds.

For the purpose of testing I have set it to upload 10kbs max and it still ignores it, uploafs at 200 but downloads only at 25kbs!

What is wrong? RD

Screen shot of the setting and what version? You have to provide more details.

1 hour ago, PiusX said:

ok so what happens when you follow the link for slackware and download what does the screen shot show?

download starts high and drops, which is not nice, but that was not my question.

Why does utorrent ignore my maximum upload setting, was the question.

But while we are at it, what is my ISP doing?

21 hours ago, Ross Dorn said:

download starts high and drops, which is not nice, but that was not my question.

Why does utorrent ignore my maximum upload setting, was the question.

But while we are at it, what is my ISP doing?

Then this tells me it's ISP throttling of any torrent activity. Which means nothing utorrent forum can help with. It's not your question but this test tells you your ISP is the problem.

1 hour ago, PiusX said:

Then this tells me it's ISP throttling of any torrent activity. Which means nothing utorrent forum can help with. It's not your question but this test tells you your ISP is the problem.

Thanks.... but I know that this is NOT the case.

And even then it would not answer my question, or is it normal for utorrent to simply ignore a set limit?

3 hours ago, Ross Dorn said:

is it normal for utorrent to simply ignore a set limit?

It seems it's only being ignored for you, though.

If setting limit by right-clicking on the torrent didn't help/work, then maybe your settings.dat file is somewhat corrupt - it's impossible to know for sure.

You could back try backing up settings.dat & settings.dat.old (simply move them to another location/folder), then try with a blank settings.dat file.

Archived