uTorrent NOT connecting to peers

guiri

I have version 3.4.4 and all of a sudden, I cannot connect to any peers to download torrents.

When I click on a torrent I have already downloaded, it says SEEDING but I see nothing move, nothing being uploaded.

When I try to download a new torrent, it says connecting to peers but nothing is happening and it says 0 peers.

I have 5 new torrents and surely, one of them has at least one seeder?

Something is going on.

Thanks for any help

I don't remember seeing that icon there but then, I wouldn't have thought of looking anyway,

I rightclicked there, got a dialog box where I could test the connection and here's what I got

if that helps. Just to let you know, I haven't made any changes to firewalls, etc and I'm using Comodo.
Also NOD32 for antivirus.

This worked yesterday.

Thanks

utorrent-speedtest.jpg

You have a big red X for Network. Not good (hence no Green Tick).

Automatic Port Mapping (Recommended) is unchecked. Tick that and try again.

Check your preferences regarding the "Neither NAT-PMP nor UPnP is enabled" message.

Don't worry about Bandwidth failing - (note the big red X, too) - it often does.

In addition, also try exiting uTorrent, delete dht.dat & dht.dat.old files, then restart uTorrent.

And try rebooting both your router and computer.

Checked the port mapping.

Check your preferences regarding the "Neither NAT-PMP nor UPnP is enabled" message.

Deleted the files and started up again, same problem.

Rebooted puter and router, deleted the dht.dat file again and still the same thing.

???

Thanks

I just downloaded the latest version and still nothing. Kept the original settings.

UNINSTALLED it.

Redid it and deleted the settings. Still nothing.

Uninstalled it again and went back to the 3.4.4 version and again, nothing. It does NOT connect.

I'm going to post screen captures of my settings and also this NOD32 screen that keeps popping up.

Well, I deleted the file that had all the screen captures by accident and of course, the new installation.

Note, I renamed the new installation file when downloading 'cause they have the same name and I didn't want

to overwrite my older installation file in case I want to use that one again.

By the way, I downloaded one of the slackware files and of course, nothing started downloading.

Clip_27.jpg

By the way, I have utorrent closed and I still keep getting that NOD32 message pop up...?

Update, it's not popping up any longer. Maybe it'll start when I open utorrent again.

So, the question is, why does it not get online even after a clean install. It has every time I've installed

it before.

Cool proggy by the way, been using it for years.

I turned NOD32 and the firewall off and nothing???

WHAT in utorrent is it that tells it to get online and how to do it?
I didn't even know there was an option for it NOT to be online.'

I've used different versions for many years and although I don't really
know much about it, I have never NOT being able to download something with it.....

Sometimes, it's suggested that disabling AV software doesn't help and to uninstall it completely (which could be a pain, I know).

So try creating an exception for uTorrent.exe first in the ESET NOD32 software. The pop-up suggests it is blocking uTorrent somehow.

Failing that, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I don't know what the problem could be, just offering some suggestions which obviously aren't helping to solve your problem.

Maybe someone else could offer something else to try...

THanks, I don't know how to add an exception so I've written their support to ask.

Now, if I uninstall it through the windows programs option, will it remove everything including

all files and folders that have anything to do with it and if not, where does it store stuff that

I should remove manually and try again. I really use it a lot and would like to get it to work.

Update: I later saw that there was a link to instructions on how to set up an exception.

I DID that but I could NOT find this last step:

Navigate back to the "Advanced Setup" menu. Select "Web access protection" under "Antivirus and antispyware" if you are excluding an application that accesses a network protocol, such as HTTP or FTP. Click on "Web browsers" to see if NOD32 detects the program. If so, click the check box to mark it with a red "X." Otherwise, click the "Add" button to manually locate the .exe file for the application you want NOD32 to ignore. Click "OK" to close the "Advanced Setup" Menu.

Maybe it's somewhere in my settings? (utorrent settings I mean)

Thanks

Downloaded BIT TORRENT and it seems to be working fine?????

It looks the same as uTorrent so I don't know what the difference is but

it looks the same so I would be fine with using that instead, however, I'm curious as to why THAT works.

Thanks

Archived