Weird shuffling of seeding tasks in queue

xstrike9999

Hey guys,

I had a blue screen crash and after that somehow all settings I had in utorrent were reset and I started getting a weird bug.

So, I have a lot of torrents set to "forced seeding" and any "normal" seeding tasks showed up above all the seeing tasks that were set to "forced".

But since the crash, "normal" seeding tasks are being shuffled in with the "forced seeding tasks in a random manner (see attached image). Now, this creates a problem when I have to remove any of these normal seeding tasks in case I'm just leeching a file and want to stop that as soon as its done. But I have to scroll and sift through a long list of the forced tasks to find it.

I cannot add all those torrents again because I have more than 300 torrents set to seed and all of them are in different directories/drives.

All torrents are sorted by the # column. I have tried reinstalling utorrent and restored my torrents by restoring the resume.dat and settings.dat but this didn't remove the issue.

Is there some setting I'm missing or is this due to some sort of file corruption?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7993_689594807738834_1631259987_n.png

Don't force download or seeding. And BSOD we can't help with since that is a Windows that starts it. As there is no Download or upload screen to see that is hard to know what is going on from the cropped screen shot. Cropping doesn't give those that are looking to full view of what is happening.

Ok. Here's a full screenshot. I just whited out the torrent names.

As you can see, the normal seeding tasks are appearing in the middle of forced ones and it seems they are being sorted by name. They should instead be appearing at the top, marked by the red line.

7993_689594807738834_1631259987_n.png

Is there some setting I can modify, whether in general/advanced settings or by editing the settings.dat to make it go back to its regular behavior?

Edit: I am unable to add a new reply for some odd reason. 

When I sort torrents by using the column header, it sorts the torrents accordingly but that doesn't have any effect on my issue.

I tried resetting and also with the new settings.dat provided by mike20021969 but that didn't work! :(

What happens if you click on a column heading to sort the torrents?

If you want to reset settings:

Exit uTorrent. Back up settings.dat & settings.dat.old, then delete them from uTorrents data folder. Create a blank text file in the data folder and name it settings.dat. (with .dat being the extension). Start uTorrent.

Note - you will have to reset all your current directories and other set options you may have made.

Or try with rafi's settings.dat file downloadable here: http://goo.gl/V2eHo

Again, make sure it is named settings.dat. Place it in uTorrent's data folder. You will also have to reset all your current directories and possibly other options if they're not to your liking already.

OK, so after doing some experimenting. It seems like the problem is somehow related to the resume.dat file. I copied the file over to the BitTorrent client and the same issue started happening there as well.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing in the resume.dat file (Using BEncode Editor). Expanded the properties of two torrents. The first one is forced seeding and the second one is regular seeding.

Forced Seeding: 

2017-06-30_1-02-49.thumb.png.ef1cb91a2ffff33a90b4bf9c29f11b0a.png 

Normal Seeding: 

2017-06-30_1-04-52.thumb.png.d351555cea4da537044aa5eca9475f88.png

I'm not having any problems with downloading. It's only with how the seeding tasks are being sorted so I don't know how downloading a Slackware torrent is going to help things.

But I have stopped all seeding torrents, downloaded other torrents and it doesn't fix the issue. I've also tried removing uTorrent through Revo Uninstaller and removing all registry entries and that didn't work.

Then, I tried a fresh installation and there is no problem with that, even after copying the old settings.dat file. Only after I copy the resume.dat file into the fresh install does the problem start to happen. So, I have narrowed it down to that file and it seems only that is causing the problem.

Is there any other way to import the hundreds of torrents I have other than adding them one by one? Or is there a way to make fixes in the resume.dat file?

Archived